Passau Starke Ball Hockey Glove

havok

Passau had an event near their factory to try on their stuff today.

I was fortunate enough to try on the pads, and I must admit they were awesome. I took a few shorts and was able to test them. Very mobile and light I slid like butter. If I can muster the cash I think I will buy a set.

The rep I spoke with was super patient with my questions and she knew her stuff so that also helped me get informed.

And with the creation of the NBHL I think ball hockey gear will finally advance!

1 hour ago, havok said:

I was fortunate enough to try on the pads, and I must admit they were awesome. I took a few shorts and was able to test them. Very mobile and light I slid like butter. If I can muster the cash I think I will buy a set.

The rep I spoke with was super patient with my questions and she knew her stuff so that also helped me get informed.

And with the creation of the NBHL I think ball hockey gear will finally advance!

I am on the fence. I want a set so bad but i already have a set of gear so i don't even need it. 

Or do I....

25 minutes ago, Maxpower29 said:

I am on the fence. I want a set so bad but i already have a set of gear so i don't even need it. 

Or do I....

Do we ever really? 😉

I have Warriors with Kenesky sliders. But really want to try pads actually meant for Ball Hockey

11 hours ago, havok said:

Do we ever really? 😉

I have Warriors with Kenesky sliders. But really want to try pads actually meant for Ball Hockey

Ya i have a pair of old rbk premiere 2s with Passau sliders for outside. I have a pair of older Pro Simmonds really soft 996s for inside/gym. Then use my Ve8 set for ice. Trying to talk myself into needing a new set. I bought the Passau chesty and it's decent so I think i would like the set. It's crazy light also 

• 1 month later...

So have you had a chance to play with it?

On 5/3/2021 at 12:13 PM, Maxpower29 said:

Came today. First impressions are man this thing is light. At the same time it's close to too big for ball hockey but just right. Looks like it takes up a lot of space in the net. 

Still can't believe how light it is. Coming from this old as hell Heaton one it doesn't even weight more and is double the size. 

Just trying it on now because we are on pause in our ball hockey league's. But I think i will like it 

PXL_20210503_160749182.jpg

PXL_20210503_160634779.jpg

5 hours ago, havok said:

So have you had a chance to play with it?

I have about 5-6 times. It took a bit to get use to a bigger chesty (my other old one was literally nothing) but I like it. I'm hoping it gets a little more loose in the upper area so it's easier to quickly look down but like I said I've been pretty spoiled with mine but I needed bigger.

Only thing i don't like is that the throat is too close to my neck and it runs it a bit. I like it because I took my dangler off not needing it anymore. 

Overall i like it a lot and I'd recommend it. It's crazy light. Like insane light feeling.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, havok said:

Yeah my pads are falling apart

I've been looking at the Kenesky sets too

I decided I'm buying some Monday. Waiting back to hear if they think they can make a similar Pekka Rinne pattern because i wear his dark jersey when i play usually. If not I'm going all white. 

This is why i can't see new products for hockey. I always want them 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2021 at 6:38 PM, havok said:

When you tried the pads on what size fit you do you remember? I use a 34+2 Vaughn VE8 but when I measure for the Passau ball ones it says 32+2 will fit. Not too sure. Must be right

24 minutes ago, Maxpower29 said:

That's what I'm thinking. Monday I'll order some and shouldn't take long to ship here in NS. We play Mondays right now so likely use them next week. Can't wait 

I know they have full sets in stock (black or white) and around 8 weeks waiting for semi custom

Let me know how it goes!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2021 at 6:41 AM, Maxpower29 said:

I went order monday and they were both out of stock of one part of a black and white set. Trying to decide if I should be a white or black set now. Life is hard

There's a whole black set in Kijiji

34+1

Just made the order today. Full all white set. I got the 32+2 because I measured like 100 times and it's what the said should fit me. I also added the goalie shoes they have online too. They looked decent and he'll why not. I can't wait to try them. 

I played tonight and all I could think about is the new gear lol threw me off my game 

• 2 weeks later...

Got the order today. 

Lots to talk about. 

1. Love the blocker. Might be the best ball hockey blocker i have felt just putting on. Super light, not bulky, lots of movement but you can hold the stick very easy.

2. Pads feel decent. Definitely look like they are high quality. They look much MUCH stiffer than my normal ones so they might need some getting used to. Also very light and the 32+2 fit me perfect even though I usually wear a 34+2 ice hockey Vaughn set. Strapping system is easy and very good.

3. Shoes i went by their sizing system and then feel too tight. Not sure why. I even picked the bigger size of what i measured when I did. I'm not sure I can use them they are so tight. 

4. The bad. The glove. I can't lie I actually hate the glove. The major problem is the web site says it's a 60° break but there's no way it is. My Vaughn Velocity XP glove is suppose to be a 60 and side by side it's way more of a break. To the point I can't use it. It's as close to a 90° as I've ever used. Not sure my options because i want to use the set but there's no way I'm keeping this. 

So today started out great getting new gear but it's depressing when you don't like some of it. The only thing I really needed replaces was my glove. I only bought the set because hell why not. I love buying new gear. Here are a few pics but you can clearly see the glove is a close to a 90°. I've contacted them but they are not in Friday's apparently. 

PXL_20210827_162646513.thumb.jpg.20e09e71ac941287a405c1d166531428.jpg

PXL_20210827_162730154.jpg

PXL_20210827_162724290.jpg

PXL_20210827_162709791.jpg

PXL_20210827_160811929.jpg

PXL_20210827_160800168.jpg

Awesome looking set!

Too bad about the glove

It took me 10-12 games to get used to it. I still hate that sweat band though. I have a Kenesky blocker.

As for the shoes maybe it's due to European sizing? 

Hopefully you can send them back if you aren't satisfied.... I was all excited FOR you lol. Bummer

3 hours ago, havok said:

Awesome looking set!

Too bad about the glove

It took me 10-12 games to get used to it. I still hate that sweat band though. I have a Kenesky blocker.

As for the shoes maybe it's due to European sizing? 

Hopefully you can send them back if you aren't satisfied.... I was all excited FOR you lol. Bummer

The shoes are a great buy i found out. I'm still buying them. Also the blocker is awesome. I'll be keeping that. Just not a fan of a 90 degree glove. I don't know why they said 60 on the site. Kind of pisses me off I was pumped for it. 

Talked to Passau today and they said it's a 60° break. Doesn't seem like it at all and that all I've ever used. With no resolution i ended up returning it and shipping it back to them today. Depressing and I'm not very happy about it and I'll probably never buy anything from Passau again. They had no interest in helping me with any of it at all. Oh well I'll be blowing that money on some other gear this week I guess