New pants dreaming

ArdeFIN

And what I tried today a tleast Bauer Vapor 2X pro and CCM Axis 1.9 are on par in weight. Just the feeling of course with no scale with me. So I tried quickly on some X2 Pro, Axis 1.9, Vapor 2X Pro and the new Bauer Pro. I liked the best was 2X pro. Simple, light, nothing bothered, well except the quality. I didn't take a photo of it but there was a seam on the outside of thigh which looked like it was ripped open and sewn bag together with no cleaning and styling. Bauer Pro was very similar but a little more snug fitting, not bad though and no quality issues noted. The naming is BTW awkward as I tried to google those pants for info. Axis was nearly the same as Premier R1.9 I had previously. And last the Warrior X2 pro, well it felt somehow different than X pro which might just be due to the break in, but anyway still very good. Choosing new pants now would be tough decision, 2X Vapor was very good feeling right on but the quality... Warrior is like as it's been but maybe slightly better with a face lift model. Axis would go very well but the previous problems with pushing C/A up, could it be solved makes a risk on those. And the Bauer Pro were without anything wrong but maybe just not good enough. Vaughn Velocity was there too but a size too small and no belt which I'd like to have.

Above is a quote of myself from the Warrior area topic. So have a warranty claim going on and waiting for what it will be.

In the mean time I'm looking for "whats next?" and for the selection I'm a bit narrowed by the offerings of the shop from where the Warrior pants are from. Above is most part of the available selection that was in store to try on, almost all models are available from those brands for sure but need to be ordered to the shop. 

What I'm looking for is someone to review the new Bauer offerings and Axis pants. And with some user experience or on-ice, I have seen them IRL at the shop already. 

What do you say about the offerings, everyone has their own preferences while I'm really open to any of these. I saw Vaughn VE8 should available in size L too from other shop so it's quickly achievable too. The inner belt is missing but then again I think I'm capable of implementing it by myself if needed. Is the VE8 suitable for tucking in by the waist space and height? It's really hard to tell from pictures where you can't see how the pant is settled. 

While I've been thinking it around I'd maybe go and try without the belt at all, just using the C/A as suspenders with front tie and "battle strap". It might give me some extra freedom that I don't even know I would need 😄

Reasoned opinions and discussion please. 

Found one review of interest: https://goaliecoaches.com/goalie-pants/ 

But to be honest that review gives only opinions and seems to me that all of the written isn't actually right at all. Like Axis being no-tuck more and in the final Eflex pants being the same as Axis/Premier. LOL 😂

Asked about the change to L size or something else in brand / model I got a response that they're sending L size to me. So I think I'll be easiest to settle to that now as I have said many times the pants are excellent. I have to see the internal belt through and think of how I should use it or leave it away or loose. 

Sunday I have icetime and then might be that in wednesday I'm in a new pair of pants.

As said, I'm going to settle on Warrior pants for now and see them through. Vaughns got me the best but unsure how the VE8 would've been when tucking in the C/A as they are more of untuck style with low waist. Maybe the next pants will be Vaughns but not very soon hopefully. 😬 

The goalie crease just got a shipment of CCM pro stock pants and that will save you a good chunk of change. I haven’t gotten my hands on the new axis pants but they look like premiers but more streamlined. The v8 pants were in the running before I got my ccms but was told by different people they can tuck in but aren’t the “best” to do so and slr2’s are better for that. 

8 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

The goalie crease just got a shipment of CCM pro stock pants and that will save you a good chunk of change. I haven’t gotten my hands on the new axis pants but they look like premiers but more streamlined. The v8 pants were in the running before I got my ccms but was told by different people they can tuck in but aren’t the “best” to do so and slr2’s are better for that. 

Would be nice to get my hands on some pro stocks some day. But living here in the old worlds northest end it's a bit difficult to get them here. And the freakin' Corona isn't doing any good on that either. And I would have to get rid of the Warriors anyway then if I'd go for new pants. I might get a full refund for Warriors from the retailer if I choose new pants from their racks.

That's what I've read on Vaughns too, Velocity more for non tuck and Ventus/SLR more for us tuckers. What I think is the most critical thing between is the waist, height of it and some room to fit the C/A in too. But then again high waist would go for non tucking too? Why not. Tapered waist is anyway for non tucking but again you most probably can open the lacing and belts to fit a C/A inside too. Do we actually have but different models for different desires afterall. 

Same is happening through the whole equipment, before there was BF vs hybrid pads, blokcing vs mobile C/A and so on. All those are quite mixed up. But still nice to have atleast two different lines from each manufacturer, gives us atleast something to choose from 😁

9 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

34 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

Would be nice to get my hands on some pro stocks some day. But living here in the old worlds northest end it's a bit difficult to get them here. And the freakin' Corona isn't doing any good on that either. And I would have to get rid of the Warriors anyway then if I'd go for new pants. I might get a full refund for Warriors from the retailer if I choose new pants from their racks.

That's what I've read on Vaughns too, Velocity more for non tuck and Ventus/SLR more for us tuckers. What I think is the most critical thing between is the waist, height of it and some room to fit the C/A in too. But then again high waist would go for non tucking too? Why not. Tapered waist is anyway for non tucking but again you most probably can open the lacing and belts to fit a C/A inside too. Do we actually have but different models for different desires afterall. 

Same is happening through the whole equipment, before there was BF vs hybrid pads, blokcing vs mobile C/A and so on. All those are quite mixed up. But still nice to have atleast two different lines from each manufacturer, gives us atleast something to choose from 😁

Just picked up a new pair from the goalie crease myself (to match the new gear which should be arriving shortly) and while I never had a bad pair of Vaughn pants... my Hershey Bears HPG13A have held up really well... and I'm expecting the same from the just ordered HPG14A. To @Quadzilla32's point the price is right too over looking at Axis IMO. 

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

Just picked up a new pair from the goalie crease myself (to match the new gear which should be arriving shortly) and while I never had a bad pair of Vaughn pants... my Hershey Bears HPG13A have held up really well... and I'm expecting the same from the just ordered HPG14A. To @Quadzilla32's point the price is right too over looking at Axis IMO. 

Do those HPG14A pants look like the thighs are very much rounded compared to what's selling ATM. Haven't looked to the new NHL rules about pants so I'm a bit outdated here. And surely me playing lowest level pick up here in Finland those rules really don't affect me that much atleast for now.

3 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Do those HPG14A pants look like the thighs are very much rounded compared to what's selling ATM. Haven't looked to the new NHL rules about pants so I'm a bit outdated here. And surely me playing lowest level pick up here in Finland those rules really don't affect me that much atleast for now.

The pro stocks are the new style with rounded legs. I think TGC said only one pair is t the new model. My premiers are the old wide style and playing beer league no one really cares here 

4 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

What ones did you grab? I wanted the kings pair but they are one size to big and have 2” added in the length. I was pretty heartbroken over it, they would match my new set perfectly. 

10 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

I switched over to new spec two years ago.  It's not that big of a difference IMO

Looks much more rounded but that might be optical again. But for only comparison there being those HPG12 which are the good old Premiers. 

Not that it would make a huge difference on my playing at all, for about 40 times on ice with my Warriors I can count the puck marks easily and there isn't too many. So I don't think from that I would lose any saves because of more rounded thighs.😁

What I'm wondering about these pro stock pants from market view is what is the idea here by CCM (and others maybe) having these very top of everything and available only for top pro level (and customers later in small amounts), then they make the Pro series which is for elite level players with "most protection", SR gear for those who are beer league hobbying. If I was to plan these product lines I'd drop one level of and save a lot in design and production. 

22 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

The pro stocks are the new style with rounded legs. I think TGC said only one pair is t the new model. My premiers are the old wide style and playing beer league no one really cares here 

They're all new spec except one pair.

On 8/7/2020 at 9:42 AM, ArdeFIN said:

On 8/7/2020 at 1:11 PM, Quadzilla32 said:

What ones did you grab? I wanted the kings pair but they are one size to big and have 2” added in the length. I was pretty heartbroken over it, they would match my new set perfectly. 

Nothing fancy... just plain red. The black they had was good... but I wanted something different to match my new set of Axis. Thighs are rounded... but my 13A were as well. Actually prefer them to blocky pants. More mobile. 

5CB2DE94-9403-4D92-AFD0-9F3FA7269A86.jpeg

Now having the new X2 pro waiting for tomorrow and next ice I think I'm very happy with them Warriors. But as a seeker for the better and willing to always experiment I would enjoy something else too. Next pants if I ever buy them will be something else. But that might be few years ahead and the selection will be different by then.

Looking at these pictures of the HPG14 they do look very much rounded vs those Warriors, but still they look like serious pants. Would be nice to see a pair some day and maybe I will.

Now they've completed the first test. Very bulky vs X pro. So much that for the first times I tried I couldn't get my 5hole closed because of the inner thighs.

And the bulk is all over the front, there is serious extra in X2 pro over the X pro. As I had never any issues with X pro in protectivity the X2 pro have excel them. 

But after few warmup shots, moving around and getting myself used to them. They are good, in a way like the Brown chesty. You know they are over you but actually you really don't even notice them, not in stance, BF, moving, never. Size is now perfect, I think for my 180cm/70kg body the XL was too big. Now the L is very nice in every dimension. If I had some 100kg of mass then the XL would be better atleast before the materials break in.

I really do like my setup now, the Warrior X2 pro pants get a huge thumb up from me.

Archived