Vaughn Ventus SLR Pro SE Pants

IPv6Freely

Anyone use Vaughn Ventus pants? I've traditionally steered clear of Vaughn everything but I'm looking at trying a larger pant size and also want something where the belly pad is on the INSIDE, because I feel like it gets in the way on my Bauer pants. In addition, it's really hard to find pants with chicago striping. CCM/GoalieMonkey really blew it with the Premier SE pants being "chicago" colors but totally the wrong stripe. I don't know why they wouldn't just do it correctly...

Anyway, here's what I'm looking at: 

https://www.goaliemonkey.com/catalog/product/view/id/342399

MS1414551.jpg

The description specifically says "This larger top can be used for goalies who prefer to tuck their chest protector and need extra room in the stomach." The latter part is really what I'm looking at ;)

I wish Passau made pants! 

I've been in the LT88's for a few years now. I don't tuck.

The belly protection is pretty much non existent.The flap is held in place via skate lace that ties up the front and it slips down quote often. Never really cared since I like a medium fitting pants (not too tight or loose). Though, if you're looking for it to be an extra layer to make room for the ol' beer keg, you may want a more barrel styled pant. These are more form fitting and tucking in these seem like it would be tough for someone not slim as a nail.

On 10/18/2017 at 12:57 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

I've been in the LT88's for a few years now. I don't tuck.

The belly protection is pretty much non existent.The flap is held in place via skate lace that ties up the front and it slips down quote often. Never really cared since I like a medium fitting pants (not too tight or loose). Though, if you're looking for it to be an extra layer to make room for the ol' beer keg, you may want a more barrel styled pant. These are more form fitting and tucking in these seem like it would be tough for someone not slim as a nail.

I have no desire to tuck, really. The belly pad on the Bauer doesn't do a whole lot either but I also don't want to remove it. It's SOMETHING, I guess.

What do you mean "barrel styled"? I always figured that was a pant that was about the same width top to bottom, which these look like to me. 

Right now I wear my pants pretty tight, with suspenders under my C/A. I bought a Brown jock and have never used it because it literally doesn't fit in my goalie pants. 

30 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Vaughn makes a GREAT senior pant. My LT-80 are as bullet-proof as they come; HOWEVER- since I grew a bit more waist-wise, I can no longer tuck. 

The ultimate is a pair of Brown as he will make them however you need them to be. 

I avoid Vaughn as much as possible. But since Passau doesn't make pants I'm a bit more open to what I wear. When I first started, my mask, jock, skates, knee pads, and C/A were all Bauer so I figured I might as well get Bauer pants too (they're also the cheapest, though mine aren't the low end that I kind of miss because of how flexible they were). 

Brown pants are obviously going to be awesome, but they're also on the heavy side and they're really expensive. That said, they do make shells that fit the pants exactly which is a plus if you're on multiple teams. 

8 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I have no desire to tuck, really. The belly pad on the Bauer doesn't do a whole lot either but I also don't want to remove it. It's SOMETHING, I guess.

What do you mean "barrel styled"? I always figured that was a pant that was about the same width top to bottom, which these look like to me. 

Right now I wear my pants pretty tight, with suspenders under my C/A. I bought a Brown jock and have never used it because it literally doesn't fit in my goalie pants. 

CCM pants are more barrel styled. They have internal belts to help keep them up and have lots of room to tuck. The Ventus line is more akin to what you're probably wearing now. So I don't think it will be much of a change.

3 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I avoid Vaughn as much as possible. But since Passau doesn't make pants I'm a bit more open to what I wear. When I first started, my mask, jock, skates, knee pads, and C/A were all Bauer so I figured I might as well get Bauer pants too (they're also the cheapest, though mine aren't the low end that I kind of miss because of how flexible they were). 

Brown pants are obviously going to be awesome, but they're also on the heavy side and they're really expensive. That said, they do make shells that fit the pants exactly which is a plus if you're on multiple teams. 

I get that. Many Vaughn things are meh, but their goalie pants are great. Especially the senior pants. 

You may find the Warrior Ritual Pro pants to be of your liking- generous waist and only sized from the inseam. I think the default is 38”, and removing the inner belt may net a half an inch or so. 

Passau would make a GREAT pair of breezers. 

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

CCM pants are more barrel styled. They have internal belts to help keep them up and have lots of room to tuck. The Ventus line is more akin to what you're probably wearing now. So I don't think it will be much of a change.

These have an internal belt too, which I'm curious to try. I'm also sizing up from L to XL so it's going to be quite the change regardless. 

Just now, bunnyman666 said:

I get that. Many Vaughn things are meh, but their goalie pants are great. Especially the senior pants. 

You may find the Warrior Ritual Pro pants to be of your liking- generous waist and only sized from the inseam. I think the default is 38”, and removing the inner belt may net a half an inch or so. 

Passau would make a GREAT pair of breezers. 

I've looked at the Warrior pants before as well. The sizing for inseam only thing is a huge advantage and I wish the other companies did that. I'm definitely concerned about my pants being too long if I size up. Something about them bothers me though and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. 

5 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

These have an internal belt too, which I'm curious to try. I'm also sizing up from L to XL so it's going to be quite the change regardless. 

I've looked at the Warrior pants before as well. The sizing for inseam only thing is a huge advantage and I wish the other companies did that. I'm definitely concerned about my pants being too long if I size up. Something about them bothers me though and I can't quite put my finger on what it is. 

My goaltending buddy has had a pair for quite awhile and he’s chuffed with his. Note that with the exception on leg pads, he is an All-Warrior, all the time bloke. But he loves his Warrior breezers. 

I also came up with another: McKenney. I am actually thinking of going with them. I think they are supposed to be pretty flexible. I want a ridiculously wide waist pant with a super-short inseam. As it is, I have to take a large sized breezer and shorten the inseam by close to 2”!!! It is a bloody pain in the arse!!!!!

8 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

My goaltending buddy has had a pair for quite awhile and he’s chuffed with his. Note that with the exception on leg pads, he is an All-Warrior, all the time bloke. But he loves his Warrior breezers. 

I also came up with another: McKenney. I am actually thinking of going with them. I think they are supposed to be pretty flexible. I want a ridiculously wide waist pant with a super-short inseam. As it is, I have to take a large sized breezer and shorten the inseam by close to 2”!!! It is a bloody pain in the arse!!!!!

Yea I saw a pair of McKenney pants at one point. They look pretty damn good actually. 

26 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

CCM HP12 pants do great with tucking. Pro Stock only and can be tough to find at times...

I'll open pandora's box... why do you avoid Vaughn? 

I don't tuck so that's no issue :)

And because I feel like they don't have anything worth buying for the most part. Everything Vaughn I've ever looked at in stores has been very meh to me. Hell, their pads still mostly have leather straps on them. There's just better options for just about every category. 

16 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

I don't tuck so that's no issue :)

And because I feel like they don't have anything worth buying for the most part. Everything Vaughn I've ever looked at in stores has been very meh to me. Hell, their pads still mostly have leather straps on them. There's just better options for just about every category. 

CCM, Vaughn and Brians all feature lines with leather straps. ;) Just Bauer and Warrior have completely nixed them.

But I get the sentiment. Vaughn doesn't change much. But man, their C/A's and Pants are second to none. No other C/A feels as mobile. I don't think I'll ever stray from Vaughn for those two items.

But hey, until recently, I swore i'd always be in Vaughn pads and gloves. So who knows.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

CCM, Vaughn and Brians all feature lines with leather straps. ;) Just Bauer and Warrior have completely nixed them.

But I get the sentiment. Vaughn doesn't change much. But man, their C/A's and Pants are second to none. No other C/A feels as mobile. I don't think I'll ever stray from Vaughn for those two items.

But hey, until recently, I swore i'd always be in Vaughn pads and gloves. So who knows.

Brian's and Warrior both led the way in eliminating leather strapping. Brian's just continued to offer it as an option. The only leather straps on my Brians from a few years ago were the boot straps. But anyway, that's not the point. 

Just now, IPv6Freely said:

Brian's and Warrior both led the way in eliminating leather strapping. Brian's just continued to offer it as an option. The only leather straps on my Brians from a few years ago were the boot straps. But anyway, that's not the point. 

Well, one of their two lines of pads going forward (heritage) comes with 3 leather straps by default. The heritage line and the velocity line covers the same tried, tested and true market that a lot of goalies stick to.

10 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Well, one of their two lines of pads going forward (heritage) comes with 3 leather straps by default. The heritage line and the velocity line covers the same tried, tested and true market that a lot of goalies stick to.

I don't really count that :P 

Archived