Sewing Class

TheGoalNet

Easy peasey...Jenpro is not as hard to work with as the grains of leather I use on my stuff (it is made leather so I cant use jenrpo). You want sewing yawl, a spool of wax thread, and a few long straight needles (about 2.5 inches long) and a few curved needles. Also get a thin punch to punch out the holes for the stitches if you're dealing with a curved or odd angle. All together you should get away with everything for less than $40. I get all my stuff from Tandy but you can also hit up a Michael's Arts and Crafts. Tandy has a wider selection and more "industrial" products. If you want, I'll try and get a few pics illustrating the stuff. It is not nearly as hard to do as you might think. One tip: don't glue any repairs. Leads to more problems than it solves.

An alternative to Tandy (best option in my eyes) or Michael's (in a pinch) is any saddlery store. They usually are pretty well stocked but be advised that those places charge top dollar because anyone who is in horsing is used to spending top dollar (I know...my daughter rides :eyeroll:).

4 hours ago, Fullright said:

Easy peasey...Jenpro is not as hard to work with as the grains of leather I use on my stuff (it is made leather so I cant use jenrpo). You want sewing yawl, a spool of wax thread, and a few long straight needles (about 2.5 inches long) and a few curved needles. Also get a thin punch to punch out the holes for the stitches if you're dealing with a curved or odd angle. All together you should get away with everything for less than $40. I get all my stuff from Tandy but you can also hit up a Michael's Arts and Crafts. Tandy has a wider selection and more "industrial" products. If you want, I'll try and get a few pics illustrating the stuff. It is not nearly as hard to do as you might think. One tip: don't glue any repairs. Leads to more problems than it solves.

An alternative to Tandy (best option in my eyes) or Michael's (in a pinch) is any saddlery store. They usually are pretty well stocked but be advised that those places charge top dollar because anyone who is in horsing is used to spending top dollar (I know...my daughter rides :eyeroll:).

It sounds like you're describing stuff to stitch by hand. I already have an awl for repairs. I'm talking about actual sewing using a machine. 

Archived