Imperative's 2017 season

Imperative

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great game - too bad about losing the shutout, but if it's any consolation, even if you had made the original save, there was another forward right there ready to pounce on any kind of rebound, so that was a pretty high percentage play in terms of likelihood of a goal.

BTW - Fullright called - he wants his glove hand back...;)

P.S. - glad to see you  joined into this forum as well...

"... I didn't feel like any were soft.."

Understatement of the day! Can't think of too many goalies if any that could have stopped any of the ones they got on you.

Your tracking ability and ability to reverse direction are second to none! The save at 1:20 was a beaut. You battled the whole way and made them work for their goals. IMO there's no doubt that wouldn't have been a win without your tending.

Always great to watch your videos.

Tech question: is there a way to quote either without including the video (or pic) or at least cut the media out? Would probably help keep the site's bandwidth down somewhat

9 hours ago, Ghostender said:

"... I didn't feel like any were soft.."

Understatement of the day! Can't think of too many goalies if any that could have stopped any of the ones they got on you.

Your tracking ability and ability to reverse direction are second to none! The save at 1:20 was a beaut. You battled the whole way and made them work for their goals. IMO there's no doubt that wouldn't have been a win without your tending.

Always great to watch your videos.

Tech question: is there a way to quote either without including the video (or pic) or at least cut the media out? Would probably help keep the site's bandwidth down somewhat

Quote the video, then you should be able to click on the video itself in the quote and click delete on your keyboard to delete it.

You were solid again, that team had a tendacy to allow players to either walk in alone or have no defense pressure when they sat in front of the net with all the time in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for comments guys! I haven't been posting my shinny times on here because you can only watch so many breakaways and off man rushes, haha. this is the final game of our season, we have a tourney at the end of March to wrap the season up. we pulled out a 8-4 win in this one and i felt like I played decent overall. I was pretty solid in the 1st half and was only beat on a power move where the guy was able to wrap around and walk right out front, 2nd I didn't see the release of the shot, third was a penalty shot and 4th i didn't seal the ice and didn't lunge back before the puck was tapped in.

17 hours ago, Imperative said:

Thanks for comments guys! I haven't been posting my shinny times on here because you can only watch so many breakaways and off man rushes, haha. this is the final game of our season, we have a tourney at the end of March to wrap the season up. we pulled out a 8-4 win in this one and i felt like I played decent overall. I was pretty solid in the 1st half and was only beat on a power move where the guy was able to wrap around and walk right out front, 2nd I didn't see the release of the shot, third was a penalty shot and 4th i didn't seal the ice and didn't lunge back before the puck was tapped in.

I seriously hope that ref didn't have to break up any fights...
Great opening blocker save... don't you love it when a breakaway is your first shot...
Usually when I knock the net off like that I am just sprawling all over and not making an awesome catch at the same time! xD
1st goal one is a tough one, you can only cover so much on people with reach, D needs to do something there.
2nd goal... holy what a shot.
They had 2 penalty shots... wow, is it no penalties and instead penalty shots? 1st one to me made sense but the second one was just a trip. Player looked to have decent hands and made a good play.
4th goal, never blame yourself for a rebound off of a breakaway... where is the D?

Like usual you were solid, thank you for sharing!

On 2017-03-13 at 0:35 PM, Hills said:

I seriously hope that ref didn't have to break up any fights...
Great opening blocker save... don't you love it when a breakaway is your first shot...
Usually when I knock the net off like that I am just sprawling all over and not making an awesome catch at the same time! xD
1st goal one is a tough one, you can only cover so much on people with reach, D needs to do something there.
2nd goal... holy what a shot.
They had 2 penalty shots... wow, is it no penalties and instead penalty shots? 1st one to me made sense but the second one was just a trip. Player looked to have decent hands and made a good play.
4th goal, never blame yourself for a rebound off of a breakaway... where is the D?

Like usual you were solid, thank you for sharing!

No fights to break up which is good because the ref was maybe 12, haha. Yeah that first giveaway right off of opening face off I was thinking "here we go". If that had went it it may have changed the flow of the game. We scored 3 goals in the first right after I made a save in our end and giving up that one early may have deflated the team(not the most mentally tough team, haha). Me tripping on my own edge was pretty comical, the boys had a good chuckle over that one. For Some reason they decided to have penalty shots instead of penalties and I agree I didn't think 17 deserved that 2nd penalty shot. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/DPxNd9Sbp9Y

Well season ending tourney is underway, it is set up weird, we played last night, play Wednesday night and Saturday morning games as the round robin and depending on where we finish we play another final game later in the day on Saturday. This was probably one of the slowest games of the season for me, their goalie kept it close for most of the game even though we probably tripled them in shots, but it was nice to get the win. I didn't play great, wasn't too happy with the first goal through the five hole, 2nd and 3rd goal I was sniped top glove. 

6 hours ago, Fullright said:

A very good and controlled game, Imperative. Good rebound control, depth, and reading the play. The goals to the glove were pretty great shots. No worries. Good luck the rest of the tournament!

Thanks fullright, it was a slow game and I was struggling to get and stay in the game mentally. Game two of the round robin is against the team that beat the Vikings in the "A" final last year. So we will see how it goes

well my GoPro wouldn't fire up at the start of the game  so I missed the 1st and 2nd period. I got it goin before the third but the locker room had the infloor heat pumping and as soon as I mounted the GoPro on the glass it fogged right up, I realize the video is a little difficult to watch, haha. Anyways came out with another convincing win 11-4. 

11 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

20! How? They looked like a decent offensive team. How in the world did they allow 20 goals in one game?!

They only had 8 skaters, so they ran out of gas pretty quickly, their d was super weak and their goalie wasn't super quick on his feet which resulted in a lot of rebound goals. 

Big "A" final win! So my team had 6 guys missing for the "A" final that had played in the round robin and for the most part 6 of our best centers and defensemen. I am not going to lie I was worried about our ability to compete with all the guys missing and the couple of guys subbing were not nearly as good as our regular teammates. I felt like I played pretty well throughout the game, the first goal the shooter put it off the post, my back and in. 2nd goal my own guy tapped it to the shooter and he went too shelf. The third was totally my fault the puck went between my right foot and my stick and I was trying to get my left foot out of the way of the puck and ended up kicking it right in. That tied the game at 3-3 (about 6 minutes left) and my team was gassed (we had 10 guys and they were rolling 3 full lines). I thought that goal may have been the back breaker so I was thinking I had to slam the door shut and hold on to get to a shootout but my team responded quickly scoring 2 quick goals and we held on for the final 3 minutes to preserve the win! 

• 4 months later...
On 2017-08-21 at 4:18 PM, Fullright said:

it'll come....space plus time for shooters equals problems

For sure fullright but I had pucks going right through me and I couldn't make a blocker save to save my life, haha. 

On 2017-08-22 at 5:10 PM, Hockey School Dropout said:

Agree with FR.  Shaky start, but you gained confidence as the game progressed.  It's always tough getting back into it after some time off.  

You are right everything feels off when it is my first time back on the ice. My angles feel off, depth off, thinking way too much instead of just reading and reacting which leaves me mentally behind play. 

Well, it looked like a dangle-fest to me. Wouldn't worry about it - it's just a dress rehearsal.

Makes me think though (and wondering more seriously than I may sound):

Goalies go to drop-in to work on their game and try to stop as many as they can.

Forwards go to drop-in to work on their game and to score as many as they can.

Do D not go to shinny, or just not care about working on their game????

Archived