Need New Skates

So I need new skates bad. I’m in 5s right now and the Bauer scanner thing said I should be in a 7.5😬 I am in the vapors now and like them. I had supremes before and they were way to stiff front to back. I like how the vapors are soft front to back but I want to possibly try another brand. I have very narrow feet and like when the skate is stiff laterally (side to side) and soft front to back so I can get into a lower crouch but I’m not bending in. What are some recommendations? Thanks!

I will always advocate for True skates. Most comfortable pair I've worn and fit your stiff side-to-side but flexible front-to-back (crouching position) - I believe they also have stock skates that would fit nicely with some baking.

https://www.goaliemonkey.com/true-goalie-skates-stock-two-piece-senior.html 

It would help to know what price point you're looking at, to better tailor recommendations.

I'm also a huge True fan.  The TF9 goalie skate should be dropping soon and in my opinion will be the best value out there in terms of a stock skate.  Another good option would be the FT2 series from CCM.  It's another narrow fitting skate and is on sale now for $599 for the top of the range and $359 for the mid range skate at pretty much any US retailer. 

9 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

I'm also a huge True fan.  The TF9 goalie skate should be dropping soon and in my opinion will be the best value out there in terms of a stock skate.  Another good option would be the FT2 series from CCM.  It's another narrow fitting skate and is on sale now for $599 for the top of the range and $359 for the mid range skate at pretty much any US retailer. 

Do you know are the jetspeeds (ft2s) stiff sideways and soft front to back?

Archived