Recs for Older Blocker

DK00

Hi all, I'm a relatively new goalie who's picked up goaltending in grad school. I've been using the ancient gear our club has but want to build out my own set for when I play after graduation. I'm hoping to find an older blocker that's a good combination of quality and value and was wondering what models you guys would suggest. I know a lot of things are personal preference, but I also know that sometimes there's one or two models from each year that most people loved. Any help you guys can be greatly appreciated. HUGE bonus points if you have a for sale link along with the rec (though that's above and beyond). Thanks all!

I would definitely get the sideline swap app and start looking at that daily.  Deals pop up on even new gear that is worth taking advantage of.  For instance I got a Warrior GT2 senior glove set for $250.00 brand new.  That's the cost of the catcher alone on goaliemonkey.  Brands are all very personal preference.  I used the Simmons 995 and 998 series gloves for years (loved them) and just moved to Warrior gloves about 6 months ago.  

Thanks all! I ended up buying a Bauer 1s and 2s of the swap and I'm gonna see which one I like better. Matt from Hockey Reviews was the most passionate person I could find about blockers so I went with his recs haha. 

Archived