Just bought a Theragun Mini -- this thing is AWESOME

Was at the local GoalieMonkey this weekend for a sharpening (first time in 14 months due to not playing during the pandemic) and was chatting with my buddy there about being super sore after my first couple of games back. He grabbed the Theragun demo model and let me use it on my flexors...it was amazing...almost instant relief.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon and I'm walking out of Best Buy with the Theragun Mini ($199) in hand. I immediately opened the box and turned that puppy on...wow...again almost instant relief. I know it's pricey but it's cheaper than other remedies I have tried in the past (Airrosti muscle treatments) and I can use it anytime I need it. I used it a few mins before my game last night just to get the muscles activated and then again this morning to address any soreness. This blows a foam roller and lacrosse ball outta the water!

If you're in a similar boat and looking for some pain relief then grab one of these. There are cheaper knock-offs on Amazon but I went all in for the name brand due to their stellar reputation.

Couldn't agree more!   I picked up an Elite close to a year ago and have absolutely loved it.   I need to be better about using it postgame, because when I do I feel phenomenal.  Like you, I use it before hockey, real golf, disc golf, etc to warm up my muscles and am much less sore afterwards.   Plus I use it on my wife's back and don't have to pay for massages nearly as often.   I'm pretty sure the savings on those suckers has paid for the the Theragun!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mckinneymagnum said:

Was at the local GoalieMonkey this weekend for a sharpening (first time in 14 months due to not playing during the pandemic) and was chatting with my buddy there about being super sore after my first couple of games back. He grabbed the Theragun demo model and let me use it on my flexors...it was amazing...almost instant relief.

Fast forward to Sunday afternoon and I'm walking out of Best Buy with the Theragun Mini ($199) in hand. I immediately opened the box and turned that puppy on...wow...again almost instant relief. I know it's pricey but it's cheaper than other remedies I have tried in the past (Airrosti muscle treatments) and I can use it anytime I need it. I used it a few mins before my game last night just to get the muscles activated and then again this morning to address any soreness. This blows a foam roller and lacrosse ball outta the water!

If you're in a similar boat and looking for some pain relief then grab one of these. There are cheaper knock-offs on Amazon but I went all in for the name brand due to their stellar reputation.

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Couldn't agree more!   I picked up an Elite close to a year ago and have absolutely loved it.   I need to be better about using it postgame, because when I do I feel phenomenal.  Like you, I use it before hockey, real golf, disc golf, etc to warm up my muscles and am much less sore afterwards.   Plus I use it on my wife's back and don't have to pay for massages nearly as often.   I'm pretty sure the savings on those suckers has paid for the the Theragun!

I was an early adopter of the Hypervolt and use it daily.

Try running these things just above your belt line/ab area after a skate....pure hell

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I was an early adopter of the Hypervolt and use it daily.

Try running these things just above your belt line/ab area after a skate....pure hell

I read great things about the Hypervolt Ice when I was buying mine.   A discount code was the only reason I went the Theragun over Hypervolt, both are phenomenal.

You're right, the abs and pecs are pure hell, but the relief you get when you hit your hips, glutes and lower back make it all worth it!

• Like 1