Warrior style backhand/cuff mod to a Bauer Hyperlite Glove?

Zip

Hi friends,

I recently got a Hyperlite set to replace an outgoing Warrior G3 set. The pads and blocker are great, but one thing I can’t get used to is the glove.

I have narrowed the cause of this down to the cuff on the back of the glove - On the warrior, well there isn’t one really - so you have superb mobility.
CD066782-93E5-4339-A87D-CA6A422D33D9.png.59908afabd742e671890e49d2db40ea1.png

On the Bauer, the cuff extends on the back of the glove to cover a portion of the back of the wrist which I’m finding is interfering with my movements.

8733F2DE-F343-4A01-82C8-5F296D2A6961.png.efa35357fc1c6e1bdb049e075766b3c3.png

The question really is simple - how hard do you think it would be to remove the cuff piece and the wrist strap without hacking the glove to bits?

8509A8B7-25B4-4095-8F26-BB24DE5B765F.png.f8fbbdc7eb6fa0285a2102be4e912160.png
852A8B88-5CEB-4D32-8A4C-3884A5B5BB71.png.cf6fa1df49609159af7183070d3be12f.png

Cheers!

First to test things out try loosen the laces on the left green circle, change the lace to a longer one if needed.

Set the velcro on the right green circle to as loose as you can. Now you should have a lot more room without any permanent mods.

If the top end of the finger protection is giving problem open up the blue circled velcro. If needed you can still attach it with a lace for test purposes so that it won't fly around.

The wrist strap might be a bit more of a challenge without exploding the whole glove. I just modded a 1X glove so there might be some similarity in the gloves. 

But as said I recommend first to try all possible ways without permanently modifying anything.

Bauer-mod.png

Edit: That Reimer mod seems simple too, and at the same time even too complicated. You could buy some 50mm wide elastic strap and a few slices of both velcro sides. Get someone to sew them together (normal sewing machine is good enough) and add that piece in between the velcros of the cuff. Reimers mod is made with some buckle and what ever, easier to adjust and open/close multiple times though compared to bigger velcro slices tacking to each other.

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ArdeFIN said:

First to test things out try loosen the laces on the left green circle, change the lace to a longer one if needed.

Set the velcro on the right green circle to as loose as you can. Now you should have a lot more room without any permanent mods.

If the top end of the finger protection is giving problem open up the blue circled velcro. If needed you can still attach it with a lace for test purposes so that it won't fly around.

The wrist strap might be a bit more of a challenge without exploding the whole glove. I just modded a 1X glove so there might be some similarity in the gloves. 

But as said I recommend first to try all possible ways without permanently modifying anything.

Bauer-mod.png

Edit: That Reimer mod seems simple too, and at the same time even too complicated. You could buy some 50mm wide elastic strap and a few slices of both velcro sides. Get someone to sew them together (normal sewing machine is good enough) and add that piece in between the velcros of the cuff. Reimers mod is made with some buckle and what ever, easier to adjust and open/close multiple times though compared to bigger velcro slices tacking to each other.

Could this be achieved with same width nylon web or use elastic like you had said and tri-glides to put them together? That would eliminate the sewing aspect, at least temporarily. You’re not married to the mod and it’s easier to reverse and adjust lengths, etc. Of course you have the glove thing mastered.

Edited by bunnyman666