JRZ Pads

tubby34

Looking into getting a JRZ Fusion pad, should I be concerned about the internal construction of the pads? I like my Warrior G4's and want the same internals for the most part. Is there anything I can ask JRZ to do to the inside of the pads to mimic that? Do Warriors have plastic on the inside to cause them not to flex/shrink/get soft?

Thinking of going with a single break below the knee, or possibly a double break. I just don't want the pads to feel WAY too soft in the thigh rise. I like a stiff thigh rise, and a pad that can flex with my 5 hole.

I got no idea what I'm doing in other words.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:13 PM, tubby34 said:

Looking into getting a JRZ Fusion pad, should I be concerned about the internal construction of the pads? I like my Warrior G4's and want the same internals for the most part. Is there anything I can ask JRZ to do to the inside of the pads to mimic that? Do Warriors have plastic on the inside to cause them not to flex/shrink/get soft?

Thinking of going with a single break below the knee, or possibly a double break. I just don't want the pads to feel WAY too soft in the thigh rise. I like a stiff thigh rise, and a pad that can flex with my 5 hole.

I got no idea what I'm doing in other words.

Youre best bet is to contact JRZ and talk with them. Simon can build them anyway you like. I believe JRZ has a some composites in the thighrise to keep em stiff.  I am coming from G3s and G4s myself. 

I ordered their stock pads, which should be coming in a couple of weeks. 

On 8/29/2021 at 1:43 PM, Desert Tendy said:

I would also check with Kenesky.  How much is JRZ charging you?

On 8/29/2021 at 1:43 PM, Desert Tendy said:

I would also check with Kenesky.  How much is JRZ charging you?

I would rather deal directly with JRZ and send my glove to Dave to get reworked. Communication with Kenesky has been an issue and after trying to give them my money a few times now I'd rather just go elsewhere. The most recent was two weeks to find out if they had a color.

They do beautiful work, but they seem too busy to answer questions sometimes.

I've already started some of the process with JRZ as well. So far just a start up fee of $100 and if I decide to walk away I'm confident in knowing Simon has earned it.

On 8/29/2021 at 3:34 PM, MangoRhinehart said:

Youre best bet is to contact JRZ and talk with them. Simon can build them anyway you like. I believe JRZ has a some composites in the thighrise to keep em stiff.  I am coming from G3s and G4s myself. 

I ordered their stock pads, which should be coming in a couple of weeks. 

I'm in touch with Simon already, just wanted to do some research before I speak with him later in the week. Good to know there may already be composites in the pads. I am modifying mine to feel/fit a bit more like my g4's and so far Simon has been great.