bunnyman666

What I had discovered that this glove is a sibling of the vaunted T-5500, just a more svelte version of it.

This glove is in amazing shape. A bit of scuffed Jenpro, thread bare assembly cord, and some beat rivets were the items of wear, but it is in otherwise great shape with nicer internals than a more recently built glove. And it's illegal spec!

I am going to have Sara Marschand do a re-skin of this glove. My goal is to complement my Bauer Reactor R5 Richter wannabe blocker. Much of the Cordura is going to be replaced by royal blue Jenpro. The glove will be heavier and need to be broken in once again, but I will have a blue, white and red set to go with my Team England sweater, as well as if I put together a Habs or Rangers unis.

Pics in the next posts.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top pic depicts the upper cuff- it is in GREAT nick. The second pic shows the back of the hand Cordura replaced with royal blue jenpro. The third pic shows the Cordura cuff with jenpro stripes. The stripes are staying, the navy Cordura is going. The fourth pic shows how much of good condition the glove really is in. There is more wear on the assembly cord than the jenpro! Plans are to replace the catch surface with Nash.

I will next post a pic of how grungy the water was when I soaked it in my favourite glove washing solution: a table spoon of clothes washing detergent and a tea spoon of Oxiclean. 

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0602.JPG

IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

• 1 month later...

Sorry- never posted a pic of how nasty the water was whilst giving this glove a well-deserved bath! They aren't on this phone, but I think the pic IS on instagram @bunnydevildude. 

Sara finally got to this. Anyone getting gear modded or repaired has to be a bloody fool to think that a good gear modder/repair person can get right on it! If it is your only piece, then you're a fool! It's been awhile, for sure!

None the less- it will go from being a V-Lite Pro to being a V-Heavy Amateur after this; all of this in the hopes of matching my Richter wannabe blocker. 

Stay tuned...

IMG_0664.JPG

5 hours ago, mik said:

This is Vaughn puzzle now :)!

A couple of parts that were not going to get royal blue Jenpro are NOW going to get it due to the fact that rivets had to come out anyway. This is going to definitely be closer to a total reskin. There will be just enough items left to show this glove's heritage. 

Sara did not give a timeline, but I imagine that it should be done in 2-4 weeks since she had just started.

10 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Gotta get the sweater, first!

I haven't decided where to get it from. The great thing is that with the diagonal script, I can get a blank sweater and have it done up! Will it be Monkey or Athletic Knit?

Oh ok you said working on it so I thought you literally meant you were in the middle of it.

1 minute ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Oh ok you said working on it so I thought you literally meant you were in the middle of it.

I just haven't decided on a Reebok or a AK sweater. The AK or the high-end Kobe are probably the NICEST ones for a serviceable replica. Now that I have a reskin and a build with a partial reskin, the sweater has not been ordered, yet. I also just haven't figured out if it's Beezer or Davidson, though a lesser-known could work, as well. Maybe Froesse...

2 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I would even search Ebay to find an old jersey.  I don't know what the AK and Kobe ones look like so I can't comment on them.

They look pretty bloody good!  My Fuhr looks cracking good, and my Smith looks close. They are pretty well like the older materials.  

10 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Oh ok cool.  I'll keep that in mind then because I wanna do a 94 Richter jersey to put on display.  

The reason they look the part is that it's the older material that used to be used.  Remove the Kobe tag, and you're good to go!

Archived