Warrior R/GT Pro

bunnyman666

These are similar to a pair of Pooper GP #2 mk 2, except there are ghosted logos, no Pooper logos, and the internals have not been modified. That being said, the face will end up getting a treatment to stall rebounds as they just kick too far out. But the calf wrap mod is relatively easy for anyone to do and saves weight and enhances mobility. I didn’t even remove the calf wraps!

I may mod the leg channel to make a tighter leg channel. Stay tuned… 

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

These are similar to a pair of Pooper GP #2 mk 2, except there are ghosted logos, no Pooper logos, and the internals have not been modified. That being said, the face will end up getting a treatment to stall rebounds as they just kick too far out. But the calf wrap mod is relatively easy for anyone to do and saves weight and enhances mobility. I didn’t even remove the calf wraps!

I may mod the leg channel to make a tighter leg channel. Stay tuned… 

Not gonna lie Bunny, seeing you dismember a GT pad has me squirming.

7 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I played with it stock once. This way plays a LOT better. It’s not dismemberment, it is correcting Pete Smith’s poor design.

Just for my own curiosity, what's poorly designed?

All I see is shortening the calf wrap, but every pad on the market has a similar length calf wrap as the GT.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

Just for my own curiosity, what's poorly designed?

All I see is shortening the calf wrap, but every pad on the market has a similar length calf wrap as the GT.

Post wedge. It literally does nothing on this pad.

These are MINOR design flaws, as over all, these won out OVER my Factory Mad pads as my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE pads. I will be offering my FM’s for sale in the not too distant future. 

47 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Post wedge. It literally does nothing on this pad.

These are MINOR design flaws, as over all, these won out OVER my Factory Mad pads as my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE pads. I will be offering my FM’s for sale in the not too distant future. 

Fucking style point baby. They are, and have always been, useless.

45 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Also, the leg channel is super loose, but I have a plan to deal with that, as well.

I'm going to guess you're going to cut a slit part way through the inside portion of the calf wrap so you can put the velcro attachment through it and get a tighter fit?

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Fucking style point baby. They are, and have always been, useless.

I'm going to guess you're going to cut a slit part way through the inside portion of the calf wrap so you can put the velcro attachment through it and get a tighter fit?

Nope. The R&D team at the bunnyman institute 2.0/Pooper and Hoho hockey are tirelessly working on a few designs and one will get to the prototyping stage.

But seriously, for these pads to be NHL legal, one would need to remove that half-moon bit of foam, as it essentially makes the pad a tabletop boot. The boot actually has a boot channel with the half-moon gone. Never fear, the 1/2” thigh rise “loss”could be made up with a hard boot strap through the Lundy loop on the skate. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2021 at 4:11 PM, bunnyman666 said:

Do you want a flexier/softer boot? Do what I did. You may lose thigh rise a bit, but that hump of firm foam very well stiffens the boot significantly.

729DBEA6-19CD-4E55-8DEA-5235333F656D.jpeg

Was there any material on the back side of the boot riser or was it just the core foam at that point?