Calling Medusa mask strap users

Vanniek71

@Vanniek71 marinated a bit before circling back here...

Just a suggestion but I think cage clips would be a better option than whatever you bought or can buy at Home Depot/Lowes/whatever. Cage clips will be closed and stainless steel. Checking that link you provided - its open ended and the cord could come undone (though not likely when under tension) and since it doesn't look to be galvanized or stainless (since its usually an indoor application for something like that) - prone to rust.

Whoops - accidently quoted myself in a double post. My bad.

Edited by chile57

Just now, chile57 said:

Just a suggestion but I think cage clips would be a better option than whatever you bought or can buy at Home Depot/Lowes/whatever. Cage clips will be closed and stainless steel. Checking that link you provided - its open ended and the cord could come undone (though not likely when under tension) and since it doesn't look to be galvanized or stainless (since its usually an indoor application for something like that) - prone to rust.

Edited by chile57

1 hour ago, chile57 said:

Whoops - accidently quoted myself in a double post. My bad.

Yeah been thinking about it as well. Those clips I believe are aluminum so shouldn’t have a rust issue, but I’m not sure I like the open ended bit. Going to stop by HD and take a look at them closer. Since I never unbuckle my mask anyways cage clips seem like a better option for me.

For now I just bought a snap kit off Amazon and replaced the broken snap so I had more time to come up with something. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2021 at 5:17 PM, Chenner29 said:

Seconded on the Pro's Choice snaps.  Only offered in white or cream though.

I've used the Outsiders and didn't like them as much, the elastic material seemed to wear out much quicker.

On 12/14/2021 at 9:10 AM, BadAngle41 said:

If black is what you need and you want to tinker... based on the note from @Chenner29 pick up some Pros Choice in cream and dye them black yourself. Best of both worlds... good straps... and you get to make them your own. Could also go full JBo and paint them.

You can get black elastic from Dom.  I got my black elastic from him.

• Like 1