Supply Chain Issues

Fullright

After another two year lay off caused by a parent's health problems - still ongoing - and the Bubonic Plague, I got back on the ice in September 2021 but not as consistently as I would prefer. Anyway, she who shall be obeyed cautioned me that I needed to get out of the house for more than simply going to work. Our big day out involved shopping for a new stick. What a joke that turned out to be. The Total Hockey store that sells goalie equipment had 3 full right goal sticks, one of which was for floor hockey and the other two were for fellas who like a 27 inch paddle length. Called Gunzo's and they had an equally limited supple of new stuff. Went there anyway to get some merch for Xmas for the daughter and I asked the clerk whether they had anything in the storage area. Sure enough, the young man walks out with what is shown below. Who knows how old it is but I had no choice. For what it is worth it is a Price model but must be from his rookie year or something....a completely wood stick. It should probably be in a time capsule.

IMG_1551.jpg

Edited by Fullright

17 minutes ago, Fullright said:

Price P1, 24" paddle. 

I think there were some Retroflex all-wood sticks made about 3-5 years back. I bought a crap load of Brian’s Timber sticks when I was on my wood stick buying phase when I was alerted to these. I literally went from wood to composite with no foam core between LOL

• Like 1

I'm not too fussy about the stick. My biggest things are 1) the lighter the better, 2) short paddle, & 3) a decent curve. I dont really care who makes it. I was just very surprised to find a to wood stick. Cant beat the price - no pun intended - $45 US. It will probably break on the first heavy shot. :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fullright said:

I'm not too fussy about the stick. My biggest things are 1) the lighter the better, 2) short paddle, & 3) a decent curve. I dont really care who makes it. I was just very surprised to find a to wood stick. Cant beat the price - no pun intended - $45 US. It will probably break on the first heavy shot. :)

Is it made in Canada or elsewhere? That’s the big question.