Tight Re-lacing job?

Sydney Butler

I brought my glove into my local shop this past week to get it re-laced for $50 and when I picked it up today it seemed super tight. There's zero flexibility or give to the lacing, very uneven holes, and some where I can barely fit my finger through. From what I've seen it should be much looser than this so should I cut it and try to re-lace it or is it good?

EsMLOYJNq9eVxWUvuplckeVw8m2SF20Ac2mJQUTHR6lo4pGNknj2BCZjqRa9rOd65LhMelNqxVZ26Tbm

• 5 months later...
On 3/26/2022 at 4:58 PM, Sydney Butler said:

I brought my glove into my local shop this past week to get it re-laced for $50 and when I picked it up today it seemed super tight. There's zero flexibility or give to the lacing, very uneven holes, and some where I can barely fit my finger through. From what I've seen it should be much looser than this so should I cut it and try to re-lace it or is it good?

EsMLOYJNq9eVxWUvuplckeVw8m2SF20Ac2mJQUTHR6lo4pGNknj2BCZjqRa9rOd65LhMelNqxVZ26Tbm

you can upload pics directly from your phone to the thread.

So just anecdotally, I purchased some used gloves from the used section here with a bit of a tight lacing, and I had a bit of a hard time closing it or catching with it. Nothing major, but the pocket seemed deformed. Like it started ok and then they ran out lace or it was done properly but over time the slack shifted. Either way, I've cut it out and redid the pocket and it feels much nicer now.

Purple is how it was, and white is what it is now

IMG_1727.jpeg

IMG_1728.jpeg

IMG_1782.jpeg

IMG_1783.jpeg

Edited by johncho