Brian’s Gnetik VI launch

Thief

I’ve been playing in a set of custom Gnetik III’s for a couple of years and it’s time to update. I like the Gnetik pad and am very much looking forward to using the stiffer Bricore in the thighrise. I like a softer boot and stuffer thigh in my pads. 

Does anyone know if a new version of the Gnetik launches in 2023? Usually Brian’s does their new models in September. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Madmedic6 said:

I believe you answered your own question. Brian's generally releases new lines in the fall. 

I guess I’m just confirming that the release is in 2023 and not in 2024. 

Edited by Thief

On 4/24/2023 at 2:35 PM, Puckstopper said:

I also hadn't heard they were killing off Gnetik.   Does anyone have a link/source for that?

Also, it's not like you can't customize Brian's stuff 75 ways from Sunday, so I'm sure you could even dial in an Optik the way you like if you absolutely had to.   

My source is my friend. he is a sale director in a big hockey shop in montreal area. 

He tell the pads gonna be the same no big change. Only a new name. Probably for a marketing perspective 

1 hour ago, Yzueblin said:

My source is my friend. he is a sale director in a big hockey shop in montreal area. 

He tell the pads gonna be the same no big change. Only a new name. Probably for a marketing perspective 

I heard a similar thing when speaking with a Brian's rep. More specifically, he very carefully never called it a GNetik, but referred to it as the 2023 line.

Like others have said, expect it the same timeline as other Brian's items (late September to early October). I know absolutely no details about it, but can wax poetic on my GnetikV pads.

17 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

I guess after 5 iterations and 10 years it may be time for a change.   It's always interesting when/how companies decide it's time to kill off a sub-brand that they've spent time and effort building.    Regardless, I've not nothing but faith that the new line will be top notch, Brian's stuff always is. 

3 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

I guess after 5 iterations and 10 years it may be time for a change.   It's always interesting when/how companies decide it's time to kill off a sub-brand that they've spent time and effort building.    Regardless, I've not nothing but faith that the new line will be top notch, Brian's stuff always is. 

As long as they don’t touch the glove all will be well!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

LOL, Brian's gloves were the one reason I went away from them.   I love their quality, I love the customization they're willing to do, but I tried both Sub-Zero and Gnetik gloves and was never quite happy, although the Gnetik IV glove felt much better than the older one I had.  Maybe I'll try again someday...

6 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

6 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

6 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

LOL, Brian's gloves were the one reason I went away from them.   I love their quality, I love the customization they're willing to do, but I tried both Sub-Zero and Gnetik gloves and was never quite happy, although the Gnetik IV glove felt much better than the older one I had.  Maybe I'll try again someday...

I'm really hoping they "fix" the finger attachment style in the new blockers, keep the glove, and maybe gently revamp the pads. I love what they've done with the flex profiles for the pads, and hope that stays the same. Super interested to see where they go with 'em.

Only Brian's things I can really think of that are "problems" on the gear: aforementioned attachments on the index and pinky of the blockers makes the fingers rotate, the sidewall anchor strap can catch sticks occasionally (might be better on the Optik 3, not sure), maybe a clear option for the boot strap to be "behind heel" instead of flexible from its current location (took mine off because I couldn't get comfortable with it going through the Lundy Loop, pulled too much).