ProLaces Push?

5 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Haven't heard of this. What is it?

https://prolaces.ca/en/products/pro-laces-armor-hybride

I believe this is the system that comes with most True pads. 

It's the classic Pro laces set up, except for an inch or two of standard lace between the pad and your skate. It's supposed to mimic the slack that comes from using standard laces that's been so heavily "pushed" (lol) as a necessity for the toe box on post style of RVH integration. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

https://prolaces.ca/en/products/pro-laces-armor-hybride

I believe this is the system that comes with most True pads. 

It's the classic Pro laces set up, except for an inch or two of standard lace between the pad and your skate. It's supposed to mimic the slack that comes from using standard laces that's been so heavily "pushed" (lol) as a necessity for the toe box on post style of RVH integration. 

The hybrid and push are different. The hybrid is 2” of lace and then bungee (comes stock on true pads).

The push is a new system that is a small length of bungee, a large bit of lace, and another small bit of bungee on the Velcro (see pic).

032011FB-93AD-42AA-B89B-0DF3AF30E836.jpeg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Toobs said:

The hybrid and push are different. The hybrid is 2” of lace and then bungee (comes stock on true pads).

The push is a new system that is a small length of bungee, a large bit of lace, and another small bit of bungee on the Velcro (see pic).

032011FB-93AD-42AA-B89B-0DF3AF30E836.jpeg

Ah, did not know that. 

I can't see the benefit of this set up? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Ah, did not know that. 

I don’t really know. I think the idea is that the push zone allows for some spring off the post, the lace allows you to lock it in, and the rest of the bungee allows for some ankle flex. But I don’t really think it probably adds that much, especially for an extra 20 bucks lol

On 1/19/2024 at 12:48 PM, Toobs said:

I don’t really know. I think the idea is that the push zone allows for some spring off the post, the lace allows you to lock it in, and the rest of the bungee allows for some ankle flex. But I don’t really think it probably adds that much, especially for an extra 20 bucks lol

On 1/19/2024 at 11:35 AM, coopaloop1234 said:

Ah, did not know that. 

I don't know if this product has really been marketed well.

I asked Michel back in May when his IG preview went up, this was his response:

image.png.8f32e53288d4fbeda262da5ca201f226.png

On 1/19/2024 at 11:32 AM, ThatCarGuy said:

I'm still surprised we haven't seen anyone try bungees limited with skate lace to push off the post

I'm thinking a model with one skate lace and one elastic coming off the connector is the way to go.

Elastic side could be positioned either along the inside or outside post of the skate holder (not sure which one is better at this point) to get the benefits of the elasticity, and the skate lace side is there to have a set end point so you get some tension when toe box is on the post

• Like 2