Did brians forget to put the pro palm in my glove?

Jonathon v

So i just went to jerrys and put  on a gnetik 4 glove. So here’s the problem. The gnetik 4 (which I’m 80 percent sure is game ready at stores) does not close as well as my optik. My optik has the pro palm rag, and I’ve only had it for like 3 or 4 weeks so it’s not broken in amazingly or anything like that. My old gnetik 8.0 glove I get stingers decently frequently, at least a couple a practice. I still feel the shots with my optik glove, it has better padding than the gnetik 8.0, but nothing noticeably better. I also had brains keep my glove in the break in machine as long as possible, which was like an hour they said. So when I put the gn 4 glove on at the store I started punching the palm and I didn’t feel anything. When I punch the palm on my optik while it’s on I can feel it a little. What is going on??

34 minutes ago, Max27 said:

could be that the plastics in the glove palm broke/cracked. What level do you play at?

I play high school hockey and on a bantam team. The high school team has some prettt good shooters for me being a freshman. I would say one kid shoots 75-80, and a couple other shoot 65-70. The coaches on my team shoot better though. My one coach shoots at least 75 and he shoots on me a lot, and my other coach shoots probably 70. Also the one coach on my other team shoots 65-70. I don’t think as being as young as I am, the shots are fast enough to crack the glove. I don’t feel a ton of shots, but the gnetik 4 felt more protected and I’m mostly sure  it was game ready 

Why don't you contact your retailer you bought and from and have them contact Brian's and ask. You dealing with two different breaks and models of gloves so there is going to be some difference, although minor. I have had pro palm in my last two gloves from Brian's both of them Halak spec'd and it's way overkill as I could barely close the gloves at all.

2 hours ago, Snowman30 said:

Why don't you contact your retailer you bought and from and have them contact Brian's and ask. You dealing with two different breaks and models of gloves so there is going to be some difference, although minor. I have had pro palm in my last two gloves from Brian's both of them Halak spec'd and it's way overkill as I could barely close the gloves at all.

Pro palm or practice palm? I thought halal used to have practice palms

Totally honest and direct recommendation:

Nobody's gonna be able to tell you what kind of glove you have over the internet.

What you're essentially asking us to do is play WebMD with you.  You're gonna look up symptoms of an ankle sprain and diagnose yourself with tuberculosis.

Contact your retailer and have them reach out to Brian's.

13 hours ago, Jonathon v said:

I play high school hockey and on a bantam team. The high school team has some prettt good shooters for me being a freshman. I would say one kid shoots 75-80, and a couple other shoot 65-70. The coaches on my team shoot better though. My one coach shoots at least 75 and he shoots on me a lot, and my other coach shoots probably 70. Also the one coach on my other team shoots 65-70. I don’t think as being as young as I am, the shots are fast enough to crack the glove. I don’t feel a ton of shots, but the gnetik 4 felt more protected and I’m mostly sure  it was game ready

Not so fast. I'm also a freshmen playing high school hockey and they cracked my CCM Premier glove with easy. They also broke my Bauer cup and bent my stock cage not too long ago. Lefevre's a different story than Brian's though. Plus the Brian's Gneik IV glove to me is the glove above all gloves. I've only had the opportunity to do bench testing but it's a beautifully designed glove. 

Archived