Books: What you reading?

RichMan

With recent downtime for me (lost my job), I've tried to do a little more reading. 

First book is about an Ottawa government scientist who is assigned an unusual and demanding project up north to study wolf population. His sense of humor and deep sarcasm towards our Canadian government is often spot on and very entertaining. 

Second book, I decided to dig out some of my sports psychology literature cause I've been going through a difficult losing streak in goal and im hoping to find my mental edge again. I know it's martial arts based but the discipline approach is very similar. 

20240311_163534.jpg

20240311_163433.jpg

• Like 3

Books about history, especialy middle ages, are my favourite. I prefer  literature of facts, but can read beletry if it is historically accurate.  

Now I am reading A King´s Ransom from S.K. Penmann, it is the third part of series, about Richard the Lionhearted after his return from Holy Land and his captivity. Beletery, but realy good and long.  

Another great book was God´s War.  A New History of the Crusades form Christopher Teyrman, literature of facts, about 1000 pages 👍

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@mik  if you want to give some historical reference reading with a touch of fiction involved, might I recommend SHIKE by Robert Shea. It's a 2 book series and is set in feudal Japan. A friend and i checked out some of the stories anecdotes and they matched very closely to the time period and records.

Worth reading, but hard to find, unless reprints have been released. 

Edited by RichMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RichMan said:

@mik  if you want to give some historical reference reading with a touch of fiction involved, might I recommend SHIKE by Robert Shea. It's a 2 book series and is set in feudal Japan. A friend and i checked out some of the stories anecdotes and they matched very closely to the time period and records.

Worth reading, but hard to find, unless reprints have been released. 

Thanks, I appreciate a good book recommendation. There are too many books and too little time to read them..

• Like 1