What brand should I go with for the upcoming season?

Molitygri

Hi I'm writing this post to ask for your opinions on which set of gear I should buy for the upcoming season. My two main options that I am looking at are True Catalyst PX3 and the Bauer Hyperlite 2 sets. I am currently in a True 7X3 set with a True L20.2 glove, and I love how well crafted they are for a mid price point pad, but they are a bit heavy and the Fastglide material sucks. I am more of a movement based butterfly goalie so I value the sliding a lot. I got the opprotunity to test out a pair of Hyperlite 2 pads at the Bauer Hockey Experience store and I have to say I'm very pleased with the slideability and the weight of the pads. They are very soft, but I could order a stiffer build with Pro Custom. I also tested a Vapor 90 glove, which felt very nice to close, but the shape is very awkward. I am also worried about the durability of the Bauer pads as I want them to last around 2 seasons, but they probably won't with the amount I will be playing. Overall, I like the durability and craftsmanship of the Lefevre made PX3's, but the weight and slideability of the Hyperlite 2's. I may also look at getting a set of the upcoming Axis XF pads, but the 580 glove will likely not be very well done considering it's CCM. If anyone has any opinions, that would be great. Thanks!

you had me at " more of a movement based butterfly goalie ".

anyways i would look at warrior g6 set for 1,500 usd from a cdn store or even the low price point one for 1K usd for a set.

Have had both HL2s and PX3s. Personally I find the PX3 to be a superior pad, but that’s personal preference. They definitely are better constructed though. Just get weave on the sliding surface and sliding will be good. You can always add ppf if you need a bit more slide.