Shipping gear: the good, the bad and the ugly.

RichMan

Posted (edited)

I'll start this thread with a bit of news...bad news for us Canucks.

Canada Post has just revealed that it's 3$ billion under since 2018. They are 753$ thousand in debt from last year alone.

They don't think they'll make it to 2025 without a substantial handout.

You know what that could spell...increased hikes in shipping costs and stamp prices. Some businesses might even opt out of the free shipping offer on set purchase amount.

The economy is whack my friends 😵‍💫

Edited by RichMan

Well that sucks.  Over the past year or so I've switched over to netparcel.com.  they basically shop all couriers for beat rate.  I have found it to be much better than using Canada Post.  Usually the best rates come from UPS but do ship by Purolator once in awhile.  

• Thanks 1

Sad part is that Canada Post - like the USPS - has to go to every house every day. The private companies either deliver themselves when it makes them money or uses USPS or CP when they don't. CP and USPS can't say no to deliveries and has to check your mailbox daily no matter what.

5 minutes ago, MTH said:

Sad part is that Canada Post - like the USPS - has to go to every house every day. The private companies either deliver themselves when it makes them money or uses USPS or CP when they don't. CP and USPS can't say no to deliveries and has to check your mailbox daily no matter what.

Canada Post has also dropped from ~70% of parcel delivery market share, to 30%. 

A big part of that is just the shadow of Amazon.