How to get rid of puckmarks?

GHS35

I need to clean my gear from puckmarks, for selling, so I can sell my gear for more...

I need to know what's the best way to clean my gear... I've been using alcohol, but it doesn't work the way I wanted it to work...

Alcohol has worked amazing for me on Bauer s190 and 1S beacause they are really flat faced. But now on 1X gear it just doesn't seem to work...

15 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Not too sure why it wouldn't work the same on the 1x. The face material is the same.

The general go-to are magic erasers.

I don't know, but it's like 10x harder to clean 1x... Gonna look into getting a magic eraser.

I just finished up clean up a set of 1x pads and 2s pro return gloves I bought. I cleaned my Subzero 2 set within about 25 mins, but when I tried to clean the new Bauer gear I got I couldn't believe how hard it was to clean up. I bought Nash puck out and it seems to work ok but not perfect. Really had to watch it around the logos as it would take the color away. I also had Mr.Clean Magic erasers to use around the logos and on some areas where the the puck out wouldn't work. It took twice the amount of time and had to work alittle harder on them but I got around 90% of the marks off. I couldn't believe how much harder it was to clean the new materials on the Bauer gear vs the weave jenrpo on my Sub 2 gear.

22 minutes ago, beansbats said:

I'm a Magic Eraser and Lectric Shave kind of guy.  You have to be careful though, or you could rub off some branding or color.

-steve

I have all white pads, so I'm kinda good. But  thanks for advice!

18 minutes ago, Snowman30 said:

I just finished up clean up a set of 1x pads and 2s pro return gloves I bought. I cleaned my Subzero 2 set within about 25 mins, but when I tried to clean the new Bauer gear I got I couldn't believe how hard it was to clean up. I bought Nash puck out and it seems to work ok but not perfect. Really had to watch it around the logos as it would take the color away. I also had Mr.Clean Magic erasers to use around the logos and on some areas where the the puck out wouldn't work. It took twice the amount of time and had to work alittle harder on them but I got around 90% of the marks off. I couldn't believe how much harder it was to clean the new materials on the Bauer gear vs the weave jenrpo on my Sub 2 gear.

I just tried some kitchen cleaner, that's ment for cleaning the stove, and it worked kinda good... but not as good as alcohol on 1S pads.

Archived