Lacing pants to chesty

Matt

Hey all,

My kids experimenting with lacing his pants to his chesty.  So far he actually likes it, but I don't know if he will stick with it or not.  I think he's finding he likes that it keeps his chesty in place better.  My kid has really long arms so his chesty body is probably a bit over-sized because he needs the long arms.

Any tips or tricks on this?  Right now he's just trying them up, but honestly it looks like bit of PITA.  Maybe its not, but it just looks like the type of thing someone would have a good trick for..

cheers

Matt

On 7/25/2018 at 1:13 PM, Matt said:

Hey all,

My kids experimenting with lacing his pants to his chesty.  So far he actually likes it, but I don't know if he will stick with it or not.  I think he's finding he likes that it keeps his chesty in place better.  My kid has really long arms so his chesty body is probably a bit over-sized because he needs the long arms.

Any tips or tricks on this?  Right now he's just trying them up, but honestly it looks like bit of PITA.  Maybe its not, but it just looks like the type of thing someone would have a good trick for..

cheers

Matt

I wear my C/A tucked, with suspenders over the top (just inside shoulder floaters) and i thread the nylon belt of my pants through the nylon belly tab of the chesty.

I find this keeps everything nice and tight to my body, the nylon strap does up fairly quickly, and can be easily tightened/loosened to preference VS tying and untying laces over and over, before finding the right fit.

Hope that helps!

On 7/25/2018 at 1:13 PM, Matt said:

Hey all,

cheers

Matt

So I’m going to try to explain this with words but I’ll prob need to post a picture or drawing for it to make sense. 

I dont use the stock lacing on the front of the pants to tie to my CA. I have an extra length of lace tied in to the stock laces on the inside of the pants and I pull those up and tie my CA tightly through the tummy loop thing. I used to use suspenders or fight strap on my CA to tie in the back too, but I found I really like just being tied in front so I have no restrictions on my crouch (if that makes sense). 

Basically, I just take about a 2’ piece of lace. I run in through the bottom part of the stock lace (closest to the crotch) and tie a simple square knot, leaving two 1’ lengths of lace. I put on my pants, tuck the CA in and tie into the loop and it works perfectly. 

I used to connect the back plate of my c/a to my pants via carabiner.  It has worked perfectly fine for years.  On my last c/a I custom ordered a clip to use as an attachment point.  Works just as well as the carabiner.  Both of these options are probably easier than having to tie laces to connect the two.  

Archived