Jump to content

I did a thing


Bgums13

Recommended Posts

What happens when you don’t have Hockey and curiosity strikes you? That’s right you buy nylon webbing, heavy duty thread and a curved needle and repurpose the unused boot strap with some plastic D rings I had laying around. I made my own professor strap now I’ve only finished 1 pad but the 2nd one is ready I just need to stitch my tabs in

EE98EAEA-7E06-463B-8380-204A483A2A3C.jpeg

50B9640B-BF6C-4CB6-BBEA-EB849DE445D5.jpeg

DC8C31A8-7D6D-4767-92CD-26210AD79454.jpeg

89FB76B2-2238-46C2-BA33-D6B3A3472E9E.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bgums13 said:

Which ones are we talking about? I hope it keeps things tight to lose the smaller strap and loosen the x strap

Didn’t know if you’d still use all the calf strapping 

I’ll take mine off some day and see how I like it. 

The CCM’s have nothing below the calf and it’s surprising good 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bgums13 said:

Which ones are we talking about? I hope it keeps things tight to lose the smaller strap and loosen the x strap

Based on my experience with this mod, you may want the receiving end to sit a bit further away from the pad. 

Having it as close as you do now may make strapping in kind of challenging/annoying. Mine is set up that way stock, I added another inch and a half on my own 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Based on my experience with this mod, you may want the receiving end to sit a bit further away from the pad. 

Having it as close as you do now may make strapping in kind of challenging/annoying. Mine is set up that way stock, I added another inch and a half on my own 

I noticed that as I was trying it out, once I get it on the ice a couple times if I like it lll most likely order a pair from paw or McGowan sports 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Didn’t know if you’d still use all the calf strapping 

I’ll take mine off some day and see how I like it. 

The CCM’s have nothing below the calf and it’s surprising good 

I would like a more open leg channel, that’s the one thing I miss from my Reebok days. I’d like to demo the premier 2 but I’d be afraid that’d lead to divorce because I’d want the pads with optik gloves. My concern with taking the X-Strap off would be the inner calf wrap wings would then be loose and could potentially roll between your shin and leg channel and no body has time for that lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So since I don’t use the boot straps and repurposed them as my professor straps (which feel good off ice I’ll need to figure it out better on ice) I was using one of the straps to carry my pads. I don’t have a fancy sumo bag or a passau backpack bag so I improvised again, I took a duffel bag strap cut down to the needed length and then sewed the hook clips back on to attach to the provided loops brians intended you to use their strap with (which should have came with the pads after 2600 bucks come on brians) anyways here’s the final project 

8BE3ACDE-D1F3-4CB9-A1E8-B5CEF7FABE75.jpeg

336EB136-625A-4286-A655-F238C3570E88.jpeg

514458D7-37F3-4885-B716-9D4C1B2F74CC.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    1,971
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    degoalie
    Newest Member
    degoalie
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...