Found a good one in PIAS...

bunnyman666

Went to the PIAS on lunch hour. I saw a few old spec, Canadian made gloves today. There was a Vaughn T3500, but then I saw THIS beauty:

IMG_0668.JPG

Low-lights include crusty interior that could give me staph, as well as spray tool dip vinyl that kinda really looks like shite. The previous owner wanted a Brodeur look alike glove in the worst way! But I am re-skinning this anyway, and that initial bath gets rid of the crustiness on the nash. It is about a 5/10, and for $40, it is a good re-skin candidate.

I am going blue and white to match a new Brian's blocker. 

Maybe I need a sewing machine to start tackling these jobs myself...

IMG_0669.JPG

34 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Went to the PIAS on lunch hour. I saw a few old spec, Canadian made gloves today. There was a Vaughn T3500, but then I saw THIS beauty:

IMG_0668.JPG

Low-lights include crusty interior that could give me staph, as well as spray tool dip vinyl that kinda really looks like shite. The previous owner wanted a Brodeur look alike glove in the worst way! But I am re-skinning this anyway, and that initial bath gets rid of the crustiness on the nash. It is about a 5/10, and for $40, it is a good re-skin candidate.

I am going blue and white to match a new Brian's blocker. 

Maybe I need a sewing machine to start tackling these jobs myself...

IMG_0669.JPG

Yes, you need a sewing machine.

I am ecstatic to see what you do with this. I am convinced that Helite Z was the best line that no one ever paid attention to and put in overly high regards. 

Is the break like a fingers to thumb or fingers only?

On 4/7/2017 at 9:35 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Haha, I see you and Dennis drink from the same cup 

The only thing we don't quite agree on is how rebounds should go from pads. Since I don't play with D men that clean the trash from the crease, I want wild, HUGE rebounds. I want it known that camping in my crease is fruitless, between wild rebounds and getting a stick in the ghoulies! When we discussed further, he says you could kick them further. He likens his pads to a tennis racket.

I wish Dennis did re-skins. I also wish he did old spec gear. But he is getting so busy that we don't get to talk gear like we used to. I'm glad for him. If he did re-skins and old spec gear, I would have never cheated on him. 

On 4/9/2017 at 2:47 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

What do you mean by fingers to thumb or fingers only?

It's another way to describe Glove break closures that's a bit more universal between OEMs than degrees. Gloves are usually either designed to be closed by keeping the thumb stationary and using only the fingers or by bringing your thumb and fingers together simultaneously. 

The best example I can say is to try on a 600 and then a 580 break 

Try and close them each both ways. 580 should feel more natural with only using fingers. 600 should feel better bringing everything together 

Dennis is a fanatic that gloves should only close thumbs to fingers and only makes them 1 way. 

Dennis owes me a call, I need to ask him about blockers... I think his designed to be hot. That was one thing I noticed and loved about his blocker. The same shot went flying off his blocker and into the corner 

7 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Your hands are going to say Brian's Heaton

Yes- though it's looking like Sara will end up re-doing this glove. I won't be having the Heaton graphics re-done as it would cost a fair bit. I haven't quite gotten down how to import logos in my Cricut programming. I will ask for the same stylised star on the cuff.  I may even just ask to get an entirely new glove using this one as a template, as this could be reaching new glove price to reskin AND rebuild. Redoing the T adds cost to a reskin for Sara. At least she returns emails without a shaming on Instagram! 

So it may say Brian's Paw!

10 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

It's another way to describe Glove break closures that's a bit more universal between OEMs than degrees. Gloves are usually either designed to be closed by keeping the thumb stationary and using only the fingers or by bringing your thumb and fingers together simultaneously. 

The best example I can say is to try on a 600 and then a 580 break 

Try and close them each both ways. 580 should feel more natural with only using fingers. 600 should feel better bringing everything together 

Dennis is a fanatic that gloves should only close thumbs to fingers and only makes them 1 way. 

Dennis owes me a call, I need to ask him about blockers... I think his designed to be hot. That was one thing I noticed and loved about his blocker. The same shot went flying off his blocker and into the corner 

I have no idea what a 600 or a 580 feel like but I know what you mean now, the break.  That's what I thought you guys meant but wasn't positive.

56 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I have no idea what a 600 or a 580 feel like but I know what you mean now, the break.  That's what I thought you guys meant but wasn't positive.

I don't know all the Vaughn models as well, but 5500 is definitively fingers to thumb. I believe V7 XR is Fingers only if that helps 

If people describe there gloves like this and stop messing with angles it would be way clearer to the consumer. I think everyone can respect that different companies are going to have different actual breaks and on hand feels, but it would still simplify and making comparing gloves easier. 

Just now, TheGoalNet said:

I don't know all the Vaughn models as well, but 5500 is definitively fingers to thumb. I believe V7 XR is Fingers only if that helps 

3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Yes- though it's looking like Sara will end up re-doing this glove. I won't be having the Heaton graphics re-done as it would cost a fair bit. I haven't quite gotten down how to import logos in my Cricut programming. I will ask for the same stylised star on the cuff.  I may even just ask to get an entirely new glove using this one as a template, as this could be reaching new glove price to reskin AND rebuild. Redoing the T adds cost to a reskin for Sara. At least she returns emails without a shaming on Instagram! 

So it may say Brian's Paw!

I'd get that cuff naked. I am sure you can find someone with a screen printer who wont care too much about copyrights for a defunct brand. A little patience and you will give that glove it's full glory. 

Archived