Brown C/A Elbow Floater Modification

SaveByRichter35

I have three weeks off between games so I took the time to get some gear repaired/altered.  I sent my Brown 2200 c/a off to the master of goalie gear repair, Jay Terrio, AKA Keeps33.  He segmented the outer panel of the elbow floater to mimic all of these new Kenesky chest pads and while he had it I also asked him to modify the main panel to be NHL compliant at 6".  As usual, he did a fantastic job. 

image1 (1).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

image3.jpeg

Did Keeps reinforce the side wall of the elbow? I remember my JB503 having only LD foam as the envelope surrounding the elbow (with the plastic cup underneath of course. The outer walls were very if not identical to the H5 or P1 of old.

The bicep floater on my Mckenney is split and although there's a rounded side wall underneath for extra protection, I find it too thin. Getting nailed on the inside bone of your elbow does not feel good.

13 hours ago, Math. said:

And how did it went?  Noticed any positive difference?

Really didn't feel much of a difference from before the modifications...which is exactly what I was hoping for.  The modifications that Jay did allowed me to tighten the elbow floaters so they're closer to the arm without sacrificing mobility from the arm bending. 

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

Did Keeps reinforce the side wall of the elbow? I remember my JB503 having only LD foam as the envelope surrounding the elbow (with the plastic cup underneath of course. The outer walls were very if not identical to the H5 or P1 of old.

The bicep floater on my Mckenney is split and although there's a rounded side wall underneath for extra protection, I find it too thin. Getting nailed on the inside bone of your elbow does not feel good.

I know exactly what you're talking about, Jay and I did discuss that but no he didn't reinforce the outer panel of the elbow.  I had suggested a small piece of Maltese gel, something similar to the mask kit circles.  When I had John Brown remove the inner panel of the arm floater I had him reinforce that same area exactly the way my previous 1800 was built.  The outer panel, even though it is now notched, doesn't really separate all that much when I flex the arm so I am confident with the protection I still have.  

Archived