• Kenesky Custom
    • Brown Custom
    • Boddam
    • Simmons
    • Warrior G4
    • Warrior R/GT
    • Vaughn VE8
    • Vaughn SLR2

So the last one was a learning experience...

Here is take 2

When voting, please vote for a unit that you have some sort of first experience with. Don't vote for something because you "think it's good" or "the pros wear it". If nothing beats your 5 yr old Boddam and you'd never upgrade... That's okay too!

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, seagoal said:

It is slightly confusing phrasing it as "Best of 2018"  when you've asked us to limit our vote to what we have first hand experience with, which is really asking "What do you use?"

So if I use a V7, then I can't vote, for example.

Exactly.

I'd say the majority of users here don't go through C/A's very often. I'm going to pick a number out of the air and assume the average for C/A switches are every 3 years or so.

It would be really cool to have many members who get to try lots of new gear in a year, but those members are an outlier and we ain't very big.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Exactly.

I'd say the majority of users here don't go through C/A's very often. I'm going to pick a number out of the air and assume the average for C/A switches are every 3 years or so.

It would be really cool to have many members who get to try lots of new gear in a year, but those members are an outlier and we ain't very big.

Yep.

All that said, based on what wow'd me the most and what I would buy tomorrow, Brian's Optik, by far.  That'd be my vote outside of first hand experience.

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yep.

All that said, based on what wow'd me the most and what I would buy tomorrow, Brian's Optik, by far.  That'd be my vote outside of first hand experience.

That's fair. It's sort of hard to make an all encompassing list of every unit ever. Like is a VE8 better than a V7?

Archived