Custom Pants Shell

Doc1200

So I’ve given up trying to find a new pair of pants I like so I’m sticking with my current Tackla 6000s but I want a black shell to match my new gear. Anyone have a suggestion for a company that can do a custom shell for old Tackla pants? My concern is that a Bauer or CCM shell wouldn’t fit. Anyone have any experience getting a shell for an old pair of pants? 

2 hours ago, Doc1200 said:

So I’ve given up trying to find a new pair of pants I like so I’m sticking with my current Tackla 6000s but I want a black shell to match my new gear. Anyone have a suggestion for a company that can do a custom shell for old Tackla pants? My concern is that a Bauer or CCM shell wouldn’t fit. Anyone have any experience getting a shell for an old pair of pants? 

Pretty sure JerzeysFX will make a set for you...

https://www.facebook.com/JerzeysFX/

https://www.instagram.com/jerzeysfx/?hl=en

I have found in many cases, a XXL or XXXL fits over the whole works and is super-duper easy. I have shortened inseam and the shell STILL fits famously.  My upcoming Atlanta Flames sweater has XXL player pant shell, as does my Penguins uni. Since you want plain black, finding a clearance super-huge shell could be a HELL of a lot cheaper than going custom. John Brown is the gold standard, don’t get me wrong, but he will charge handsomely for the privelege of making even a plain black pant shell. The worst I have had to do (depending on how it fits over the pant) is take them to my favourite seamstress and $20 later, they are a match. 

My problem is finding Kelly Green. I don’t have to have correct striping as this will literally go with five unis I am wanting to put together. Forest green looks meh. 

I tried emailing JerseyFX to no avail. He may prefer Facecrack and I REFUSE to use it any longer. 

Archived