Differences between CCMs Crawford curve and Price curve

Max27

Hi all,

ive been recently using my p2.9 stick that i really like. It’s just a little short for me (need a 26 inch paddle and it’s a 25)

theres a very good deal on a 3 pack of p2.9s that i might get, but it has the Crawford curve whereas i have only used the price curve. What are the differences between the 2 curves that i would notice? I typically next to never play the puck as I’m god awful at it so would it be easier to stickhandle and shoot with the Crawford? Any info is helpful. Thanks

1 hour ago, DL42 said:

crawford is flat bottom blade shape and the price is rocker.  Price is better pattern for stopping the puck..

so crawford is worse for stopping shots?

for reference, the stick curves ive used in the past are the Brodeur, the Quick, and the Price. I have a CCM 500 Stick and I have no idea what curve it has. I can post pictures of it tomorrow

You can stop pucks with any curve.   Having a rocker curve is not going to help you stop more pucks and may actually HURT you in that regard.  If you're not concentrating pucks can slip under the heel or the toe because you don't have the right spot on the ice.  Some feel that the rocker curve makes it easier to shoot the puck, but the Crawford pattern works better than the Price for me in that regard.  Sticks are very much personal preference and the best thing to do is try one before buying a multi-pack.   MY personal preference are the Crawford/P31/Bishop patterns as I feel the flatter bottom gives me feedback on whether my paddle is on the ice or not and the curve makes for better puckhandling.

any curve yes , but i'm talking about blade shape.  totally difference,

Yes the rocker will help u if u know the motion of the stick is an arch and u lead with the stick.  It closes the low blocker side when u move laterally.

u may not understand this but if u take a look at majority of all pro stick kthey are all rocker.

the flat blade does not allow u to keep contact with ice and lifts off at the toe and or heel. u can control rebounds better instead of lettting it hit the stick and rebounds go in front.

Archived