Brian's Alite (33+1) Full Set + Kenesky Slider Kit **SOLD**

HP29

Selling my Brian's Alite set - pads, blocker, and trapper. Pads are 33+1, everything is senior sized in BUCKY.

I have a Kenesky slider kit for ball hockey on the pads and mitts.

Gear has been used less than one season, and there is NO funk and very few signs of use, save for some wear (pre slider installation) on the inside corner of the boot (visible in photo.)

Pads and mitts cost just over $1600 new, slider kit was $200 installed.

SOLD

brian's sliders.jpg

IMG_5295.jpeg

7 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Why the sliders on the gloves?

Reduced friction and added protection for high wear areas.

I can say having played for years, they're very strategic in their placement, as those spots always get chewed up even on smoother surfaces.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HP29 said:

Ah, thanks man!

This was my dream setup for a decade, only to realize Brian’s just isn’t really for me 🤦‍♂️

If you don’t mind me asking, what didn’t you like about the Brians? I have been in g netik pro 2’s for the last 4 years, love the pads and blocker the glove not so much. 

On 10/19/2019 at 5:02 PM, Imperative said:

If you don’t mind me asking, what didn’t you like about the Brians? I have been in g netik pro 2’s for the last 4 years, love the pads and blocker the glove not so much. 

I don't mind at all!

Pads:

I actually quite like the pads, and I think the build quality on Brian's Senior level stuff is superb. The soft boot/boot taper work well for me. Rebounds are pretty hot. My only issue is that I should be in one size smaller,  a 32+1, but that's only offered in Intermediate. So, onto another brand!

Blocker:

It's very sturdy on my hand and presents well, BUT.... the palm is way too big and I'm constantly fussing over it. I also don't love how "deep" the cuff is, and find it  interferes with my C/A (it's a Premier, so it's pretty beefy.) The blocker palm is also too high/low (which is it, guys?!) on the board for my preferences. I prefer my fingers closer to the tip of the board as I play paddle down a lot, and the blocker isn't conducive to that.

Glove:

I just can't get used to the break. It feels completely unnatural in my hands, and the weight distribution is uncomfortable. I will say - it is designed to vacuum pucks into the pocket (orange balls for me), but I've never had an issue with that, so it's moot. The glove break also impedes my stick handling, which is a) strong and b) frequent. Same issue with the blocker, cuff is a bit too deep and interferes with C/A.

Overall, everything is very well built, and pretty well in line with what folks should expect from Brian's. The pads are a hit for me, minus the size, and the mitts just happen to be a miss. Brian's guys will likely be into this set up. If you choose not to wear the largest retail C/A on the market, you also won't have the interference that I have. I thought I'd give them a shot, but they just aren't for me. 

On 10/23/2019 at 1:06 PM, goalie381 said:

I'm unfamiliar with the sliders, can they be removed?

Hey there, everything can be detached, but some would require super glue to cover the pinholes or even a Pad Skinz to cover up larger areas altogether.

9 minutes ago, goalie381 said:

Can you post some more images, looks like there's some wear in spots, I'd like to see the extent of it please.

It’s noted in the original post and visible in the first photo. Could you DM me what you’re looking for? Thank you. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived