CCM Tacks to CCM Jetspeed FT2's - Size & Sharpness

litt

I recently picked up a pair of FT2's online (no one in store had them). I tried the traditional metal measuring scale to size skates, my feet were sized at 8D.  Then did the 3D scan, came up as a 7.5EE recommendation, tried the method online on Pure Goalie (trace foot and then do the length divided by width to decide width) and it came out to a 8.5D. 

So since my current Tacks are a 8D, I assumed the FT2's would be close to similar and went with 8D. I'm noticing some immediate annoyance in my right arch/inside foot. My toes aren't squished and have enough room to go up and down, and when tied my heel does not move and I can not get a finger behind the heel to try touching the bottom of the skate.

I know I should bake the skates for full evaluation but I'm unsure of the return rules (bake/no bake, sharpen/no sharped) and have to confirm tomorrow but I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions or came across a similar transition and what size you went with? 

Also, what hollow did you have on your previous skates and what did you change it to on the FT2? When I searched it looks like you should go with a less sharp option, so right now I do 7/16  -should I go down to 1/2?

Thanks in advance!

Tacks and FT's fit quite a bit different.

I recently got the older Tacks (after the RBZ line) and at the time I tried on the FT2's as well. They fit a lot more closer to a Bauer and were just a tad too narrow. So I'm not surprised you're feeling some discomfort.

Try getting them baked and see if that helps, but you may just want to wait for the new Axis line to come out. It'll be a Tack boot with a FT2 runner.

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Call the store and see if the FT2 qualifies for the CCM 90 day satisfaction guarantee.

If it does, bake, sharpen and skate to your heart's (or foot's) content. And then return it within 90 days if it doesn't work for you.

It does in the store I work at.   Like ZG said, give it a whirl and if they don't work out move on to the next thing. 

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

It does in the store I work at.   Like ZG said, give it a whirl and if they don't work out move on to the next thing. 

What’s the store you work at? From what I’ve heard most stores will actually take these skates back after sharpening/baking. Not sure if that’s because of the 90 day guarantee, I assume so?

@coopaloop1234 do you know when the Axis skates are coming out? in April? 

3 hours ago, litt said:

What’s the store you work at? From what I’ve heard most stores will actually take these skates back after sharpening/baking. Not sure if that’s because of the 90 day guarantee, I assume so?

@coopaloop1234 do you know when the Axis skates are coming out? in April? 

The 90-day guarantee is a CCM thing, not a store thing. Any authorized dealer should be able to give you your money back, so long as the skate qualifies.

There is no "Axis" skate per se. It'll be called AS3. I wouldn't expect them until late April/early May as usual.

Archived