Pants question

Crash006

Back Story:

Bought a set of used warrior ritual pads, when I tried them on I used my knee guards and skates and went into butterfly and had a nice closed five hole... tried it multiple times and each time it closed with no gap.. first time on the ice  with my HPG RBK pants I noticed my five hole would not close, I could not get my knees together. I know I don’t have a wide butterfly but there was no closing it.

So my question:

Is this a pant related issue? 

the inside part of the thigh has a large piece of protection which makes since but are other pants different with great protection that is not as thick?

40 minutes ago, Crash006 said:

Back Story:

Bought a set of used warrior ritual pads, when I tried them on I used my knee guards and skates and went into butterfly and had a nice closed five hole... tried it multiple times and each time it closed with no gap.. first time on the ice  with my HPG RBK pants I noticed my five hole would not close, I could not get my knees together. I know I don’t have a wide butterfly but there was no closing it.

So my question:

Is this a pant related issue? 

the inside part of the thigh has a large piece of protection which makes since but are other pants different with great protection that is not as thick?

If there's more material on the inside of your thigh, then yes, that might keep you from pulling your knees together to close your five hole. Should be fairly easy to pull that out if you don't want it there, though.

4 minutes ago, Crash006 said:

So is there a pant that has good protection that is not crazy thick allowing the five hole to close

Before you go spending money on another pair of pants, I believe the padding in the CCM pants is removable.  Have you tried that first?

53 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Before you go spending money on another pair of pants, I believe the padding in the CCM pants is removable.  Have you tried that first?

Even if it isn't strictly "removable", it's easy enough to take out with a knife, and sew back up with a needle and thread.

I had a similar issue with my Brown pants. Removing a vertical foam bar from each inseam allowed me to get my knees together. It’s possible I had to cut open the fabric to get to it. Not sure why manufacturers are putting a piece of padding in an area that clearly hinders performance🤔

Archived