Shell size

Quadzilla32

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone ever put pant shells in the washing machine?  Is that a thing?  I know it's just nylon but I am not sure what the durability threshold is for pant shells. I am noticing some spotty things on mine that I assume is some type of mold.

Thanks. 

Edited by seagoal

8 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Has anyone ever put pant shells in the washing machine?  Is that a thing?  I know it's just nylon but I am not sure what the durability threshold is for pant shells. I am noticing some spotty things on mine that I assume is some type of mold.

Thanks. 

Do you see the possible mold on the inside or outside?  Do you air out your gear after use?

Outside.  Yes, I do.  I have a shelving unit with a fan and good airflow out of the room.  The air is always fairly moist out here, mold is a common problem just generally.  

I mean shells are just thin nylon.  They don't really do anything. I can't see how soapy water would hurt. 

I use little Clorox wipes to spot clean my gear, bag, etc.  More so in the winter time. 

Edited by seagoal

• 6 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 10:23 PM, Quadzilla32 said:

Hey guys/gals

Is anyone using shells out there and if so what size are you going with.

wearing large Simmons  

CCM makes a goalie shell. Listed as a CCM PP15G. Comes in a S/M and a L/XL. I just got a pro stock one off SidelineSwap; I couldn’t tel you the size as there’s no tag. But they fit over my Senior Small Warrior x2 pro pants no problem with very little overhang on the bottom. 

32AEE4EE-47C4-4317-BF01-42A4596B91BB.jpeg

• 9 months later...