Neck/clavicle guard

Hey guys, 

Do any of you NOT rock a throat/clavicle guard? Ever since I started playing 8 years ago I have always worn one and my current chesty sags a little so i needed some extra protection.  I just ordered a new chesty and looks like it sits higher up. It would be nice to ditch some gear so it don’t feel so bogged down of that makes sense. 

7 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Hey guys, 

Do any of you NOT rock a throat/clavicle guard? Ever since I started playing 8 years ago I have always worn one and my current chesty sags a little so i needed some extra protection.  I just ordered a new chesty and looks like it sits higher up. It would be nice to ditch some gear so it don’t feel so bogged down of that makes sense. 

I'm sure there's some guys on here that don't use any neck protection (dangler or neck guard) but they're the exception. Most goalies will recommend at least one and some will swear by both. 

Honestly, wear at least a neck/clavicle guard. The main point of it is to protect your neck from being cut and the shot protection is an added bonus. 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I'm sure there's some guys on here that don't use any neck protection (dangler or neck guard) but they're the exception. Most goalies will recommend at least one and some will swear by both. 

Honestly, wear at least a neck/clavicle guard. The main point of it is to protect your neck from being cut and the shot protection is an added bonus. 

Ya figured it’s better to be safe than sorry, only takes one bad thing to happen. What ones you guys rockin? I currently have a Bauer one that was on clearance at GM and it’s not that comfortable and I’m already having to strap it near the end of the Velcro just to get it tight enough.  I used a dangler right when I started and hated it rattling around and making noise 

18 minutes ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Ya figured it’s better to be safe than sorry, only takes one bad thing to happen. What ones you guys rockin? I currently have a Bauer one that was on clearance at GM and it’s not that comfortable and I’m already having to strap it near the end of the Velcro just to get it tight enough.  I used a dangler right when I started and hated it rattling around and making noise 

I've just used the Vaughn ones (VPC 7000 or VE8) Works fine enough 

I wear a dangler, and started wearing one of those long-sleeved Bauer shirts with the integrated neck guard after some moron blew through my crease and caught me on the side of my neck with his skate (thankfully it was just the back of his runner, no blade). I've also worn a thinner player neck guard, for the cut protection.

I wear a dangler and a Shock Doctor throat protector. Had a shot crack and break my last dangler, didn't notice till after that game. One of the refs noticed plastic pieces on the ice and thought it was from the glass. The throat guard protects my neck either way, broken dangler or possible skate bales (None anywhere close yet). I won't play without the combo.

Archived