Porter Mod to my CCM Retroflex Set

BadAngle41

Right before my kids were born I ordered a custom set of 33 +2 CCM Retroflex Pros and matching Koho 580 glove and blocker. I love the set, but like most on this site, always tinkering to get the pads to feel just right. I came across the Cody Porter mod and it made total sense. After a little searching I found @Beccaraptor (Sara at PAW) who helped me create the additional strapping I needed to complete the modification. Everything Velcros in, allowing me to adjust to find the sweet spot, yet holds strong enough to stay in place. Below are pics to help illustrate the transformation...

IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

Porter Mod (01).jpg

Porter Mod - PAW Dimensions.jpg

Porter Mod (04).jpg

Porter Mod (03).jpg

Porter Mod (05).jpg

Porter Mod (06).jpg

Custom HALs.jpg

2 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Wow very cool. I bet you shaved a ton of weight off too. Any chance you weighed them before and after?

@Punisher Goalie Sorry I didn't weigh them. It does feel so much better though. My only problem now is the thigh rise. It's just slightly too tall (which is why I've kept a boot strap on.) I live about a couple hours from PAW, so I'm anxious for Sara to have some time to shave a little off for me. Pads just sit so tall now compared to... well my old 580s. 

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@BadAngle41 Great looking set and nice job. I am friendly with Cody and will let him know you copied his strapping, I am sure he will be thrilled. He's a gear nut. 

One odd question, why did you go with Koho branded mitts and not all CCM? 

@TheGoalNet 90 degree break. I've tried other break angles but always come back to 90. CCM wasn't offering it on the Retroflex line at the time (just 590 or 600), so my alternative was either branded as Reebok Premier or Koho. Given I was going with a vintage theme already and ordering through GoalieMonkey I just thought to Koho was the way to go.

1 hour ago, TheGoalNet said:

@BadAngle41 Great looking set and nice job. I am friendly with Cody and will let him know you copied his strapping, I am sure he will be thrilled. He's a gear nut. 

One odd question, why did you go with Koho branded mitts and not all CCM? 

Also I saw Cody made the move to the Q, if you do talk with him pass along some well wishes.

13 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

@TheGoalNet 90 degree break. I've tried other break angles but always come back to 90. CCM wasn't offering it on the Retroflex line at the time (just 590 or 600), so my alternative was either branded as Reebok Premier or Koho. Given I was going with a vintage theme already and ordering through GoalieMonkey I just thought to Koho was the way to go.

Makes perfect sense thanks 

Archived