What is the best pad for a shorter conservative goalie?

MTNSELECT

I have been looking for new pads and have some ideas but I would like more input. The pads/gloves/blockers that I have been looking at are, Bauer M5pros, Bauer Hyperlite 2s, CCM Axis 2.9s, and Brians Optik X3s. Which one of these works best for a shorter conservative goalie who makes saves by being in position and not by flailing around, or are there any others?

48 minutes ago, MTNSELECT said:

. Which one of these works best for a shorter conservative goalie who makes saves by being in position and not by flailing around, or are there any others?

Is there any other way to play goalie? 

Honestly, any pad you find the most comfortable will be your best pad. We could go over what each pad does well or doesn't do well, but none of it matters worth a damn if it always feels weird on your legs. 

Go try everything on (if you can) and make a decision from there. There honestly is no best pad for everyone 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTNSELECT said:

I have been looking for new pads and have some ideas but I would like more input. The pads/gloves/blockers that I have been looking at are, Bauer M5pros, Bauer Hyperlite 2s, CCM Axis 2.9s, and Brians Optik X3s. Which one of these works best for a shorter conservative goalie who makes saves by being in position and not by flailing around, or are there any others?

I agree with Coop that comfort is key.  Don't worry about certain gear dictating how you play, that's not how it works.  You can play any way in any gear.

Gloves and blocker especially are all about feel.  The wrong glove in comfort is going to be all but impossible to come around too.   So go for feel there.

For pads, the most significant thing to think about is how much flex you want, soft vs. stiff.  Aside from that, you're going to find similar versions of the same thing in terms of strapping and toe ties across brands, more or less.