Lefevre is Making a C&A

RichMan

1 hour ago, RichMan said:

I wonder if they'll explore chest pads and bring back the unicorn?

I feel like I read a while back they were planning to release a chesty next year but I couldn't tell you where I saw that.  If the True hockey partnership comes to fruition I would think they would expand to most other areas of gear.

18 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I recall the same. I think it was an article by a Canadian news outlet. 

It probably won’t be a P1 remake, I don’t think they had anything to do with the design and manufacture of those. 

Even going back to the RBK days?

8 hours ago, RichMan said:

Even going back to the RBK days?

Looking back on it, I can't think of a single chesty released by Koho/CCM/RBK/Reebok that ever had the Lefevre badging on it.

I think if we trace back the "ancestry" for the CCM ABPro, we'll see:

Heaton Helite 4/5 -> Koho 570 -> Koho 590 -> RBK Premier 1 -> Reebok P1 -> CCM ABPro

Brian Heaton had templates for the Helite 4 and 5 in his shop when he went off on his own to start BHG.  So I am pretty damn confident that the ABPro/Premier 1/Kenesky PP1 of today has roots with Mr. Heaton (RIP).

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 5:51 PM, Chenner29 said:

Looking back on it, I can't think of a single chesty released by Koho/CCM/RBK/Reebok that ever had the Lefevre badging on it.

I think if we trace back the "ancestry" for the CCM ABPro, we'll see:

Heaton Helite 4/5 -> Koho 570 -> Koho 590 -> RBK Premier 1 -> Reebok P1 -> CCM ABPro

Brian Heaton had templates for the Helite 4 and 5 in his shop when he went off on his own to start BHG.  So I am pretty damn confident that the ABPro/Premier 1/Kenesky PP1 of today has roots with Mr. Heaton (RIP).

I had a pro-return H5. Definitely not like a P1 BUUUUT, the ABPro sure looks like a Heaton and a P1 got together at a party, found a closet and had some fun :P 

13 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

Please enlighten me...

image.png.f89a891c6cdb6949d965232b99962389.pngimage.png.599288acd1e11f9939683b636dad47f4.png

image.png.bc9197f8ff724bc6ddcf68b2e68717d1.png

Extended shoulder wings, rounded halfmoon belly flap, heart guard and extensive rib protection. All things that the H5 was missing in some way. I could of lived with everything but I was always a tad nervous about my ribs and one timers off the pass. I have a TGC Spec P1 and the rib protection was well welcomed. My GT2 (still unused) has a ton of protection there as well. Anxious to give it a run in September. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, RichMan said:

I had a pro-return H5. Definitely not like a P1 BUUUUT, the ABPro sure looks like a Heaton and a P1 got together at a party, found a closet and had some fun :P 

On 8/18/2020 at 5:14 AM, RichMan said:

Extended shoulder wings, rounded halfmoon belly flap, heart guard and extensive rib protection. All things that the H5 was missing in some way. I could of lived with everything but I was always a tad nervous about my ribs and one timers off the pass. I have a TGC Spec P1 and the rib protection was well welcomed. My GT2 (still unused) has a ton of protection there as well. Anxious to give it a run in September. 

Your first post in bold suggests there was some fusion of the P1 and the Heaton to arrive at the ABPro.

The ABPro is a direct, stitch for stitch clone of the Premier 1. 

Archived