Blocker rebounds

A.YOUNGoalie13

I can´t speak about pro models, I have used only semi-pro models:

CCM e3.9 - not bad rebounds but it felt slighty heavy on my hand

Vaughn SLR Pro - good and predictable rebounds, better than e3.9 (quallity looked better than CCM)

Bauer s29 - the best blocker of these 3 in case of weight and speed of rebounds (for the price - quallity is good, not as good as the vaughn, but the rebounds are really hot and it matters :) )

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I have used a ccm e4.9, warrior G5 pro, and bauer 2S pro blocker this season and the bauer is by far the most predictable and the hottest rebounds

Having used Optik 1, EF4, GT2, Axis, G5 and Bauer 2X (for a couple games) in the last 18 months the Bauer is the hottest by far.  Rebounds feel like you're swatting them with a tennis racket, especially if you give them a little punch.  But in terms of placement of rebounds the G5 is the hands down winner.  Rebounds off of it are so controlled and so easy to place where I want them.  The just seem to end up in the right place without me thinking about it.  I've always felt like the blocker was the most interchangeable piece of gear I wear, but the G5 is leaps and bounds better than anything else I've ever used.

2 hours ago, Puckstopper said:

Having used Optik 1, EF4, GT2, Axis, G5 and Bauer 2X (for a couple games) in the last 18 months the Bauer is the hottest by far.  Rebounds feel like you're swatting them with a tennis racket, especially if you give them a little punch.  But in terms of placement of rebounds the G5 is the hands down winner.  Rebounds off of it are so controlled and so easy to place where I want them.  The just seem to end up in the right place without me thinking about it.  I've always felt like the blocker was the most interchangeable piece of gear I wear, but the G5 is leaps and bounds better than anything else I've ever used.

Very interesting to hear as I feel my old Bauer Supreme One.7 is better at it than my G3.  Have you ever played w/ G3 and if so, how do they compare to G5s?  Thanks.

The GT2 was the oldest Warrior I've used, but I don't think they revised their blocker much up until G5.  I loved how light the GT2 was, but it didn't really stand out to me in any other way.  I'm not saying it was poor at rebound control, more like it's not something I've ever been great at.   I've always had the odd poorly controlled rebound off any blocker I use, and that's 100% on me for poor puck tracking.  The G5's flatter face seems to compensate for my tendency to not always watch the puck all the way to my hand.

I've used both 2X Pro and Axis... and while my experience is that they both throw pucks off quite well... the 2X Pro had the more convincing sound. That said... the Axis is lighter (by 3.9oz (112g)) and if you go a custom route you can get a tight fit. 

Axis Blocker: One Piece Cuff, Senior-Intermediate Size Palm, Straight Finger Protection, Tight Hand Fit

• 1lb 14.1oz
  • 852g

2X Pro Blocker: Senior-Intermediate Palm Size

• 2lbs 2oz
  • 964g

Archived