Reebok/CCM Straight Angle Pads

ULTIMA

What's happening goalies.

If there's anyone out there that has ever ordered or used the straight angle pads from Reebok or CCM, please chat me up. It's not a stock option, was only available on custom ordered. Looking to read about the opinions and experiences from those that have used it.

angle.jpg

2 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

@mr_shifty1982When you say amazing flex, you mean wide butterfly?

How else did they feel? And perform.

A VERY wide butterfly, and mine is wide but it's so straight that the 5hole wouldn't close. It performed like any other P2, which are my favorite pad by the way. Mine are precured external and internal.  I don't recommend, any reason your interested?

5 hours ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

A VERY wide butterfly, and mine is wide but it's so straight that the 5hole wouldn't close. It performed like any other P2, which are my favorite pad by the way. Mine are precured external and internal.  I don't recommend, any reason your interested?

Quite frankly my reasoning is I'm not prepared to switch brands. I do enjoy having a matching set of the 5 major pieces and I think the CCM gloves and mask are fantastic. I do like the Extreme Flex family but desire something stiffer.I don't have much flexibility left at 37 but I'd like my rebounds kicked out further.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a pro return set from Corey Crawford.  Love the no outer or inner break and stiff boot.  But, I also use Bauer 2S/2X, so used to the straighter pad.  I am able to get a decent flare in the butterfly and I am of average flexibility.  All depends on strapping.  If you go looser, you should have better flare out.  Let me know if you have any more specific questions to the Reebok/CCM straight core.

Archived