Bauer Toe Position

Hockeygoalie111

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

What are you trying to accomplish with the toe change? @BadAngle41 and I have talked about this, the Bauer toe design can be a tough adjustment, but our concern was around the stiffness

The cord that laces through the toe bridge is loose.  Normally, I would untie the ends and pull snug, but it appears the knots are in the inside of the pad. 

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

What are you trying to accomplish with the toe change? @BadAngle41 and I have talked about this, the Bauer toe design can be a tough adjustment, but our concern was around the stiffness

Do you ever have any issue with the pad rotating back after recovering from the butterfly position? I'm playing with the slack of my tgn prolaces but haven't got thr feel quite right yet.

1 hour ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

The cord that laces through the toe bridge is loose.  Normally, I would untie the ends and pull snug, but it appears the knots are in the inside of the pad. 

I ordered mine with a centered toe bridge to begin with... but to remove some of the play in the toe bridge itself with some HD foam. I do recall what you mean about not seeing where or how to undo the original toe bridge lacing to the pad. I'm guessing you'd have to cut it out and when you lace it in centered used a knitting needle or something to get a new lace in... also have your hold knots on the outside instead of internal.

190247728_2XProToeBridgeMod.thumb.jpg.9ce53e6db56d93689656bb8b955b8135.jpg

2 hours ago, Hockeygoalie111 said:

Yes, but why? What your is your goal?

Why is the problem you find with the toe bridge you feel compelled to fix?

On 2/24/2021 at 1:27 PM, TheGoalNet said:

Yes, but why? What your is your goal?

Why is the problem you find with the toe bridge you feel compelled to fix?

It's not completely necessary, but my OCD wants to fix it.  The left pad toe bridge is taut and doesn't move, but the right toe bridge was laced in loose, so it wiggles.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought stock 2X and I was able to move the tab for the toe to the center. A professional can do it much faster as the needle and cord is tough for a novice.

offset toes on Bauer’s have my pads not rotating back to center, so I had to make the change

When you consider that 90% of the time (or more) your legs (pads) are in an angled position of various degrees making the offset toe a favorable option for the following reasons:

- Better skate edge clearance

- Less ankle strain

- Better mobility 

- Quicker ice contact in the b-fly drop

I think it just comes down to breaking the habit or tradition. It's always been centered but we don't play like Jacques Plante anymore so the need for an absolute vertical squared facing pad is pretty much obsolete. Take a look at BonesTV on Youtube and check out the slack he has on his toe ties (best viewed in the recent Futureprogoalie video on glove projection). I find it extremely exaggerated and bothersome to my eyes but it shows that, aside from simply keeping the pads connected to our skates, the old facing-square-on-the-leg method is a thing of the past.  

Archived