Issue: Inner Thigh Pads Catching on Each Other

OceanMon

Watching this topic, I think I am having the same problem, but it always happens at a time when I can't really take time to diagnose just what is hanging up on what, just feel the resistance and have to work thru it.  Hoping to at least get some ideas on what or how to check off-ice. . .

are the thigh pads the same size?  i have 2 diff size and grade, one was i think the sr. and the other was the pro.  I can tell by one size coming apart and also feeling the shot vs the other.  after 2 years i took the foam out to fix the glue on the sr. side foam that came apart pretty much since day one.

Ah-ha.  Today's gear does maybe not exactly describe what I'm wearing.  So that might be something.  I've got CCM C500 pants, of unknown vintage.  but your post does give me something to check.  I know there are some extra pads on the inner thigh are of the pants, maybe it's those that are hanging up on something.  I have yet to be able to re-create the condition when trying gear on off ice, but I will give these a look and see if I can figure anything more out after narrowing down to these maybe.  Thanks.

I think I fixed it.   The tips of the pads, which point behind me, were flaring into my 5 hole too much so that it was catching on each other.  So I folded them over and pressed so that they would be pointing straight back and not flare into my 5 hole. If that makes sense

6 minutes ago, OceanMon said:

I think I fixed it.   The tips of the pads, which point behind me, were flaring into my 5 hole too much so that it was catching on each other.  So I folded them over and pressed so that they would be pointing straight back and not flare into my 5 hole. If that makes sense

Absolutely not...but I'm glad you fixed it ;) 

Archived