My goalie trading card book ( I found it).

Mike24

I’ve mentioned this card book I have a few times. Problem is I had no idea where I put it.  But tonight I found it.  Call it an Easter miracle! 

I used to collect trading cards in the 90s. All sports. But when I got really into hockey and goaltending, I made a book dedicated to goalies. I made pages of popular goalies of the time.  I’ll try and post some pictures of pages in the coming days.    Tonight I’ll post a great little collection (ah 90s masks) 06DA6361-3151-472A-AA20-D06B5F3BB31D.thumb.jpeg.dbe72993f57aa49ac0cac53a28c9282b.jpeg 

47 minutes ago, RichMan said:

Is it just me or are there not one Itech in there?

Does not appear to be.  Heyward got the double up cuz that mask was amazing (‘dilla  too).  At 13 or 14 what ever the hell I was when I made the book I thought so. At 40 mind aint changed one bit. 

But @RichMani got tons of itech s for ya. 

Mike - I think there was a poster too sold at that time with the masks. Don't think it was Pinnacle that made the poster though. I could be wrong. I swear I had that poster of masks up in my room at my parents house. If I go looking for it, my mom will send me home with a few boxes of crap my wife would kill me for bringing to our house now - like that binder full of 90s cards.

9 hours ago, MTH said:

Mike - I think there was a poster too sold at that time with the masks. Don't think it was Pinnacle that made the poster though. I could be wrong. I swear I had that poster of masks up in my room at my parents house. If I go looking for it, my mom will send me home with a few boxes of crap my wife would kill me for bringing to our house now - like that binder full of 90s cards.

Yes!!!!   You are right. I think I had that poster.  Along with my Roy the wall poster. 

I don't think he did. I recall seeing his ducks helmet on game worn website. The paint was flaked off. Said he wore this mask after the trade to the Rangers and had it taped over blue. When they removed the tape, the ducks paint came off some.

Guy Hebert

2001-02 Pacific Rangers Hockey Card #258 Guy Hebert | eBay

I used to have this poster; got lost in a move somewhere along the way unfortunately. I spent hours looking at it (for us >40 years olds, you couldn’t just go look this stuff up in the internet) It was also interesting that it included non-NHL (which lead a young me to learn about the WHA)

F1B7D568-9AC9-404F-BE9D-6228893C6FFE.jpeg

Always thought the fact that John Blue wore solid all black pads was a travesty.

A few words with: John Blue, former Bruins/Sabres goaltender – Musings of a  Hockey Enthusiast

Even when he played for the Sabres... man, all blue gear would have been epic.

But Grant Fuhr was rocking the black gear too with the Sabres. So you do what the greatest goalie ever does.

Amazon.com: (CI) Grant Fuhr Hockey Card 1993-94 Score Canadian (base) 75 Grant  Fuhr: Collectibles & Fine Art

Which, as always, looked amazing.

feb-1993-goaltender-grant-fuhr-of-the-buffalo-sabres-looks-on-during-picture-id223063  (408×612) | Buffalo hockey, Buffalo sabres hockey, Buffalo sabres

Archived