2xPro->True

_ferrara95

Hey everyone, After 2 seasons of using my custom 2xPros I've broken them down and am in the market for another pad

I was looking towards the Optic 2 direction but I tried a pair out and I didn't exactly love the feel of the pad so now I've turned my eye towards the True direction, specifically the L20.1

I was wondering what the customization specs I should chose to make it feel most like my 31+1 (could also be 1.5, not sure) 2xPros were

I was also wondering if anyone knew where I could get a pair of Demos, if that's even an option

Thanks all

30 minutes ago, _ferrara95 said:

I was wondering what the customization specs I should chose to make it feel most like my 31+1 (could also be 1.5, not sure) 2xPros were

I was also wondering if anyone knew where I could get a pair of Demos, if that's even an option

Thanks all

What size are your 2X Pros? 31 is an Intermediate size and I don't believe 2X Pros were ever made in INT. 2X, yes, but not the 2X Pro.

The smallest SR pad would have been an XS pad which would be something like a 32+1 - maybe that's what you had?

Be aware that the sizing of the L20.1s is different - it seems to be about an inch different from the L87/L12.2 (which should fit close to CCM).

1458369867_PagesfromTRUEGoalie_OptionsCatalog.thumb.png.d09060ff5e78784c3bbf11aed9433ac6.png

You can try contacting your local shop to see if they have any True demos. My store has them in 33 or 34, albeit not for actual on-ice use. They're for in-store fittings only.

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

What size are your 2X Pros? 31 is an Intermediate size and I don't believe 2X Pros were ever made in INT. 2X, yes, but not the 2X Pro.

The smallest SR pad would have been an XS pad which would be something like a 32+1 - maybe that's what you had?

Be aware that the sizing of the L20.1s is different - it seems to be about an inch different from the L87/L12.2 (which should fit close to CCM).

1458369867_PagesfromTRUEGoalie_OptionsCatalog.thumb.png.d09060ff5e78784c3bbf11aed9433ac6.png

You can try contacting your local shop to see if they have any True demos. My store has them in 33 or 34, albeit not for actual on-ice use. They're for in-store fittings only.

8 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

True is a confusing brand to size for. They line up about a size smaller than ccm but I fit in a 33 true no problem while a 34 ccm is way too big

I just had a convo about this too. It’s +1/2” vs the 12.2 (which should mirror EFlex sizing as another reference point).

Here’s the snippet that shows it:

8FE4E5CE-7149-4056-AD4C-10B127C82D90.jpeg

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

True is a confusing brand to size for. They line up about a size smaller than ccm but I fit in a 33 true no problem while a 34 ccm is way too big

They prob think the same thing about you too.  

diff brands and diff models within the bands may or may not have diff sizing when ordering stock sizing.  

Always know youf 3 measurements and tell them to build so it fits u? 

pretty much only thing u need to worry about is thigh preference  is it how far from mid knee to thigh do you want it.

The shin measurement is what it is: floor to knee and or ankle to knee.

The boot measurement:  Some companies u can get custom size boot if u ask for it, but most use 7" or 8" depending on size of pads.

5 hours ago, _ferrara95 said:

Hey everyone, After 2 seasons of using my custom 2xPros I've broken them down and am in the market for another pad

I was looking towards the Optic 2 direction but I tried a pair out and I didn't exactly love the feel of the pad so now I've turned my eye towards the True direction, specifically the L20.1

Thanks all

Do a few things.

1. Get your floor to knee measurement, match it up with what True gives you
  2. Take your current Bauers, find the center of the knee block, move over horizontally to that same spot on the backside of the pad.  Plant a tape measure there and go straight up to the top binding.
3 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

20.1 and Axis should be roughly equivalent
Where the numbers skew is if you're going from 20.1 to Eflex, or Axis to 12.2

3 hours ago, dstew29 said:

I just had a convo about this too. It’s +1/2” vs the 12.2 (which should mirror EFlex sizing as another reference point).

Here’s the snippet that shows it:

20.1 boot adds about half an inch

I went from a 33+2 (35 overall) Eflex 4 to a 32 + 2.5 (34.5 overall) 20.1

Archived