Passau Vintage Model

indykrap

Hey all,

Curious if anyone has had experience with the Passau Vintage Model, which seems to be (?) a vintage skin of the current model. Had my eyes on these for a while and might pull the trigger when I'm done with my Warriors

https://passauhockey.com/en/boutique/equipements/ensemble-complet-senior-pro-modele-vintage-en-stock/

Really digging the specs on these, but have never had the chance to see any Passau in person! Also curious if they're planning any updates for the near future as a 2022 model may convince me.

Edited by indykrap

@indykrap agreed that as advertised they are a vintage skin of a current model. That said - Passau seems agreeable to nearly any custom request so you can probably have them built however it might suit you. You should try messaging one of the Passau peoples on here for your answers. Last I knew @Sebx was one of them (?).

Edited by chile57

5 hours ago, chile57 said:

@indykrap agreed that as advertised they are a vintage skin of a current model. That said - Passau seems agreeable to nearly any custom request so you can probably have them built however it might suit you. You should try messaging one of the Passau peoples on here for your answers. Last I knew @Sebx was one of them (?).

I'm not anymore

On 9/29/2021 at 7:18 AM, chile57 said:

Thanks! This was helpful to know. I wasn't sure if it was a unique model or not. I actually just happened to be passing by the Passau shop yesterday (well, I made it on my way) and finally was able to see these in person. A few thoughts below:

• Much stiffer than I expected! Though the thigh rise is pretty big so it may help someone like me close the 5 hole better. That said I may consider custom just to get a bit more flexible
  • You can really feel the quality in everything built. Really solid pieces of gear and beautiful in person and up close. Feels like they'd last a while.
  • The waffle blocker is awesome
  • 60 degree glove is interesting. Using a stock Warrior G4 now and that thing is a vacuum even as a single T. Not sure if the glove does it for me.
  • Didn't love the knee landing, but they offer a maltese upgrade there so I'd probably consider this. I did the same with my Premiers a few years ago and I worked with PAW to redo the landing in my Warriors to have a soft landing, so that's just a personal preference. Looks easy enough to pop in.

All in all pretty impressive piece of kit and would consider going with them for the next model.

10 hours ago, indykrap said:

Thanks! This was helpful to know. I wasn't sure if it was a unique model or not. I actually just happened to be passing by the Passau shop yesterday (well, I made it on my way) and finally was able to see these in person. A few thoughts below:

• Much stiffer than I expected! Though the thigh rise is pretty big so it may help someone like me close the 5 hole better. That said I may consider custom just to get a bit more flexible
  • You can really feel the quality in everything built. Really solid pieces of gear and beautiful in person and up close. Feels like they'd last a while.
  • The waffle blocker is awesome
  • 60 degree glove is interesting. Using a stock Warrior G4 now and that thing is a vacuum even as a single T. Not sure if the glove does it for me.
  • Didn't love the knee landing, but they offer a maltese upgrade there so I'd probably consider this. I did the same with my Premiers a few years ago and I worked with PAW to redo the landing in my Warriors to have a soft landing, so that's just a personal preference. Looks easy enough to pop in.

All in all pretty impressive piece of kit and would consider going with them for the next model.

The glove is pretty good after going from Warrior, I still prefer warriors glove over it but pretty easy transition. The inner glove part on mine starting coming loose and that was the best thing to happen to me. 

The knee stack is EVA foam it looks like, but super easy to swap out. Im not a fan of landing on the velcro strap tho. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, indykrap said:

What do you mean?

The catcher has an elastic inner glove that covers the fingers but extends further up the back of the hand. Its great if you like a tighter glove, but it drove me crazy so I was constantly stretching it out, the stitching gave a little and it is much better for me now. ill take photos if that helps?

13 hours ago, MangoRhinehart said:

The catcher has an elastic inner glove that covers the fingers but extends further up the back of the hand. Its great if you like a tighter glove, but it drove me crazy so I was constantly stretching it out, the stitching gave a little and it is much better for me now. ill take photos if that helps?

Ohhhh I gotcha. That makes sense! Yeah, I noticed both that and the blocker were surprisingly snug.