A tape job to mimic the benefits of a Curtis Curve

bunnyman666

The Curtis Curve is well missed. One of the key benefits was paddle down in the VH. Well, I think I have found the loophole for legality in this pursuit. 

I start with the end knob. I cut it flush to the shaft on the ice side, then I add some bulk mid-shaft. The shaft isn’t 100% flush to the ice, but rotating it forward makes it more flush. 2565B63A-A959-4B3A-897F-FE089BDB8431.thumb.jpeg.994fe16af0cd300c1ad299c57e30b192.jpeg

D001C4E9-F8B8-4627-B718-DDB1E169ADFF.jpeg

3E3AD7AE-EC78-450F-8C77-DF4117605BA2.jpeg

B3F6854A-F25F-464B-9A49-892095BBFAE4.jpeg

Nope, not interested in making a 1 in 1000 paddle down save at the expense of the saves I will miss due to the added weight of all that tape and the puckhandling opportunities I'll muff because I can't quickly and efficiently get my hands into position to make a good play.   This is a solution desperately seeking a problem.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Nope, not interested in making a 1 in 1000 paddle down save at the expense of the saves I will miss due to the added weight of all that tape and the puckhandling opportunities I'll muff because I can't quickly and efficiently get my hands into position to make a good play.   This is a solution desperately seeking a problem.  

Maybe so; however-

1) not that much added weight

2) not all that hard to move the block up and down the stick

In the end, I am merely thinking outside of the box. If this end up working out, I will be adding this to my shafts in a more permanent manner.

Thanks for your input.