daffy

8 hours ago, S-ONE-THREE said:

How did it hood up? I was thinking of getting a passau and this is very similar. Passau upcharge is crazy. Boddam was way more reasonable iirc.  

Chest is doing great.  No complaints on durability.  My only issue is the odd stinger off top of shoulder.  Had a chance recently to compare side by side to Passau.  Passau has thicker shoulder floaters.  Otherwise no complaints.  Last I heard Boddam was only doing Lacrosse though.  

8 hours ago, daffy said:

Covid hit Boddam hard.  I stayed in touch with Jason but haven't talked to him in awhile.  Last he told me, hockey might get back at some point but lacrosse is his focus.  If I can find an email for you, I'll pass it along.  He changed it at one point.

Appreciate the reply and the intel @daffy. I actually touched base via phone after the unanswered email/inquiry above and I think I have a plan of attack. Its just that - as you mentioned - lacrosse is most definitely a focus so waiting for that offseason to reping him for a couple sets of pads. Seemed like a super nice guy in what limited discussion I had.

1 hour ago, chile57 said:

Appreciate the reply and the intel @daffy. I actually touched base via phone after the unanswered email/inquiry above and I think I have a plan of attack. Its just that - as you mentioned - lacrosse is most definitely a focus so waiting for that offseason to reping him for a couple sets of pads. Seemed like a super nice guy in what limited discussion I had.

Hey @chile57 that's great news if Boddam back doing hockey soon.  I'd really to order another set from him.  Nothing wrong with my Verbero/Kenesky set, just hate repping their name after all the trouble I had.  Could you keep me posted on progress?  Thanks!

• Like 1

@daffy I will get it on my radar to ship you an update once I have one (but don't hesitate to reach out if too much time has passed with no word).

Totally get having bad mojo attached to a purchase leading you to want to jettison things. Been down that road plenty unfortunately.

• Like 1

@RichMan - correct. Currently on a lacrosse run of equipment. Sounds like they switch production based on the seasons. To my knowledge - there isn't necessarily any "stock" Boddam equipment produced to live on a self anywhere so I would think all would be "custom" regardless.

• Thanks 1