Velcro lifespan on Warrior goalie pads

RichMan

As I'm sitting here on my couch in my living room, staring across the room at my GT2 pads while recuperating from a work injury, this thought crept into my mind;

How long has the quality and durability lasted to still provide a strong and secure fit. Will the only option be to replace the whole pads completely when the velcro no longer does its job?? 

Replacing the Velcro should be straightforward, though tedious. Repairing and replacing things like Velcro and elastic is regular maintenance for me, and I understand it to be the small price I'll pay for the accompanying benefits. 

That said, worn out Velcro could be leveraged as a reason to get new gear. Lean into that as necessary. 

• Like 1

If I remember right atleast the calf flaps are constructed in a way that reguires a full dismantle to get to the velcroes. This applies atleast if there is plastic sheets inside the flaps that would prevent sewing new velcro through the flap.

Other velcroes are mostly only on thin straps and are easier to replace.

If Warrior was to improve the serviceability even further they would design something like Bauer is using for calf with a strap and buckle on the other end and the strap would only go through and velcro back into itself. Easy adjustment and replacing.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RichMan said:

As I'm sitting here on my couch in my living room, staring across the room at my GT2 pads while recuperating from a work injury, this thought crept into my mind;

How long has the quality and durability lasted to still provide a strong and secure fit. Will the only option be to replace the whole pads completely when the velcro no longer does its job?? 

I wore my GT1 pads for almost three years, 2-3 times on the ice a week, and I had zero issues with the velcro holding up. 

Currently my GT2 pads are faring even better. 

Guys above me have some better insight as to the replacement of the velcro, but for casual use, you can get some long life out of the original velcro. 

• Like 1