G5 Pro C/A: XL vs. L

Michael

I live in a hockey desert else I would just go to the local shop and try them on, but would like to avoid ordering and returning an item online, so here goes...

What, if any, are the difference between the XL and L in the G5 Pro sizing wise? I see the sizing chart references wingspan only. I'm 6'2" with an unusually larger wingspan of 77". The sizing chart says I should get XL, but I'm worried I'll be swimming in the torso if it is meant for a heavy guy. I only weight 180, but do have broad shoulders. Very lean, low body fat.

Any experience trying to fit one of these?

Thanks in advance!

I'm same height, add 10-15 lbs, broad and not so sure of the wingspan but, I had a Large GT2 Pro and it was ok. I'm sure you (we) could get away with an XL but it really depends on how you like to fit in your unit. Do you tuck or not? Are you long in the torso? Do you wanna look massive or be normal? All questions you can focus on to help make a decision. Try hitting up @Kirk3190, he can be of more help.

I've been wearing Large sizes pretty much all my adult life and just recently bought an XL unit and I think I chose the wrong size all those years. Depends on the model/brand as well.

Edited by RichMan

46 minutes ago, RichMan said:

I'm same height, add 10-15 lbs, broad and not so sure of the wingspan but, I had a Large GT2 Pro and it was ok. I'm sure you (we) could get away with an XL but it really depends on how you like to fit in your unit. Do you tuck or not? Are you long in the torso? Do you wanna look massive or be normal? All questions you can focus on to help make a decision. Try hitting up @Kirk3190, he can be of more help.

I've been wearing Large sizes pretty much all my adult life and just recently bought an XL unit and I thing I chose the wrong size all those years. Depends on the model/brand as well.

If I'm 5'11 wearing a large you guys,are definitely XL

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Thanks, fellas.

I look forward to any feedback Kirk may have. I'm not on this forum regularly, but I know he's one of the "go to" guys who has commented effectively in the past. 🙂

Yeah, he's their media/rep guy while Pete and the frenchie guy (forgot his name) are working on designs and specs. Kirk's been quiet lately. Hopefully all is good.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Thanks, fellas.

I look forward to any feedback Kirk may have. I'm not on this forum regularly, but I know he's one of the "go to" guys who has commented effectively in the past. 🙂

I believe others have had success exchanging DMs with the Warrior social media team over Instagram if that helps

FWIW, I skated with Justin Pogge (6'4) when COVID first hit in 2020 and he was wearing a size Large Warrior chest

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

I believe others have had success exchanging DMs with the Warrior social media team over Instagram if that helps

FWIW, I skated with Justin Pogge (6'4) when COVID first hit in 2020 and he was wearing a size Large Warrior chest

I'll try that.

If I get anything from them, I will post an update here for anyone who may need this info in the future!

Following up on this for posterity...

Ordered a large. It arrived. Jubilation ensued.

However, despite the Warrior sizing guide on their own website site and Goalie Monkey's saying large is for a wingspan of 73" - 76" the backplate on the actual G5 Pro shows large as 69" - 74" 😑

That said, I tried it on and after some adjusting, it felt great, despite the conflicting sizing information. While visually I could use another inch on each arm, I think if the arms were any longer than they are, it would rub up against the glove in a weird way, so I'm content with it as is. 

Thanks to all who took the time to read and comment!

• Like 2

I made the wrong choice by going to a Lrg warrior c/a.  I got a few shots to the wrist. Lucky i didn’t break my wrist bone to.  The arms are short on the Lrg. I should have got the xl.  
be carefull and make the right call. 
I’m 6.2 230lb. Not the longest arms but enough to expose my wrists.  
dam good chesty tho.