Bauer Konekt Perfect Fit

I’ve found the best way to get the liners right is to first bake following the normal instructions.  Once the skates are cooled, rebake just the liners for 4 minutes and readjust.  This way, the shell is already formed and you get a better liner mold vs having a soft liner and shell during the regular process.  Konekt hack!  I highly recommend! :)

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

after baking konekts on my 14y old he complains they are a bit sore on the out sides near the bottom same place on every pair of skates he wears (fl;at and wide foot) usually after baking and trying normal skates i heat the area a little with a heat gun and push out and down sides with my fingers from inside skate. Has any one done any thing similar with these konekts?

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

after baking konekts on my 14y old he complains they are a bit sore on the out sides near the bottom same place on every pair of skates he wears (fl;at and wide foot) usually after baking and trying normal skates i heat the area a little with a heat gun and push out and down sides with my fingers from inside skate. Has any one done any thing similar with these konekts?

The foam shims are used in the initial heat molding process to help with hot spots like this

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

If this is an ongoing issue with all skates, have his foot/feet checked to see if it's a metatarsal issue or other. It might solve the bottom line issue (no pun intended) and eventually save you some money. 

yes most normal skates i can heat the sore spots and push the inside of the skate out to allow a bit more space and have success but these konekts are fairly stiff and have a big arch in them i am probably going to go back to shop and do a complete heat mold again and try to use thicker socks and even a few more shims to try and get a bit more comfort.