Anyone switch to Full Right?

jayluv54

So a nagging injury to my left arm that makes catching pucks extremely painful and really bad carpal tunnel in my right hand that causes it to go numb within minutes of holding my stick, not to mention an ongoing frustration with playing the puck on my "unnatural" side, has got me seriously considering going full right.  Has anyone made this switch or at least tried it with good results?

Yes, there are a few goalies who have made the switch to full right and had success. The most notable example is Louis Domingue, who has been a full right goalie for his entire NHL career. He has played in over 100 games and has a career save percentage of .912.

There are a few reasons why a goalie might want to switch to full right. One reason is that it can be more comfortable for goalies who have injuries to their left arm. Another reason is that it can be more natural for goalies who are right-handed.

Switching to full right can be a challenge, but it is definitely possible. The key is to practice regularly and to be patient. With time and effort, you can adjust to playing full right and have success.

Here are some tips for switching to full right:

• Start by practicing your catching and blocking with your right hand.
  • Spend time in the butterfly position.
  • Work on your puck handling skills.
  • Be patient and don't get discouraged if you don't see results immediately.

With practice and patience, you can switch to full right and have success.

• 5 months later...

I probably should've been full right because I'm left handed but since full right gloves are harder to find it was just easier to play regular. I also shoot lefty so playing the puck came much more naturally. Even though I play regular goalie I usually play LHT for baseball

Edited by ThatCarGuy